Reliability Engineer - Casting
United States, Alabama, Muscle Shoals
May 4th, 2023
Job Summary: The Reliability Engineer will be a thought and action leader in the field of maintenance and reliability improvement.
- Effective predictive maintenance program – developing and implementing a standardized monitoring program including vibration analysis, infrared inspections, non-destructive testing, and other PDM techniques throughout the facility.
- Working with planners on effective maintenance planning and scheduling – in planning meetings and providing vibration and lubrication analysis reports to aid in setting shutdown schedules.
- Provide reliability-engineered solutions to improve overall equipment effectiveness
- Identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations.
- Leads efforts in inspections, adjustments, replacements, and repairs for selected equipment.
- Leads in vibration, infrared and other predictive analyses and interpretation of results.
- Works with production, engineering, and maintenance to perform analyses of assets including:
- Asset utilization
- Equipment effectiveness and future capabilities
- Other parameters that define operating condition, reliability, and costs of assets
- Provides technical support to production maintenance and technical personnel
- Evaluates/validates the impact of corrective actions that impact availability and/or reliability and leverages solutions across plants/site if appropriate
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or technical related field or equivalent experience
- Maintenance/reliability experience in plant environment in heavy industry maintenance
- Prefer vibration analysis certification (Level 2 or greater) and certifications in ultrasound, infrared, and other predictive maintenance disciplines. Strong analytical skills – data analysis, schedule and planning.
- Ability to make quick, calculated decisions based on past experiences and limited information.
- Result orientation, accountability, negotiation, problem solving, project and change management, and team working/building
- Good communication, high level of autonomy, collaboration and interpersonal skills are equally important
- Perform, understand and communicate detailed information analysis and evaluation, and have a good track record working effectively within a team-based environment
- Language fluency in English. French or German would be a plus
- Ability to work in cross-organizational and multi-functional teams in a global matrix organization with manufacturing operations and an international mindset
- Written skills required (drafting new procedures) Computer knowledge required.
About Constellium: Constellium Muscle Shoals is an aluminum manufacturing plant based in Alabama with over 1,200 employees. With its widest strip mill in the USA and a world-class recycling center, the site represents one of the largest sites within Constellium and is a world-class can recycling center, with the capacity to recycle nearly 20 billion cans per year. Muscle Shoals’ main product is aluminum can sheet for the packaging industry, particularly for beverage containers. It manufactures sheet used in all three components of an aluminum can, namely body