Process Specialist - E13
United States, Alabama, Muscle Shoals
October 12th, 2023
- Develops and improves equipment and processes to meet and exceed customer quality requirements while reducing internal waste and increasing recovery/yield.
- Leads problem solving efforts related to process/quality to reduce waste and costs.
- Use data analytics and statistical process control tools to drive decision making, optimize and manage process capabilities.
- Analyzes data to optimize processes and develop proactive tools to reduce variability of critical output variables through process improvement of critical input variables.
- Seek and implement best known practice for APU.
- Provide input into capital investment projects in line with strategic goals.
- Support implementation and adherence to lean principles.
- Involved in team-based improvement efforts including both salaried and hourly employees.
- Support training of hourly employees on process requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Physical Science/Engineering or high school diploma with minimum 10 year’s experience in a similar industrial environment and a commitment to continued education to gain technical degree; engineering degree preferred.
- Experience applying statistical knowledge and problem-solving tools and skills (Six Sigma certification a plus)
- Experience in ISO and IATF certification, control plans and FMEA’s is desired
- Strong written skills required (drafting new procedures)
- Effective oral communication skills (one-on-one, small and larger group presentations, and facilitator roles on teams)
- Strong computer knowledge required; Proficiency in mini-tab and computer process modelling would be an advantage
- Data-driven when approaching process development, process improvement, and problem-solving
- Available to work off-shifts and weekends on occasion as needed
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures in plant environment often requiring extensive walking or moving about the plant or standing for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in a fast paced team environment
- Good communication, high level of autonomy, collaboration and interpersonal skills are equally important
- Perform, understand and communicate detailed information analysis and evaluation, and have a good track record working effectively within a team-based environment
- Language fluency in English. French or German would be a plus
- Ability to work in cross-organizational and multi-functional teams in a global matrix organization with manufacturing operations and an international mindset
Constellium Muscle Shoals is an aluminum manufacturing plant based in Alabama with over 1,200 employees. With its widest strip mill in the USA and a world-class recycling center, the site represents one of the largest sites within Constellium and is a world-class can recycling center, with the capacity to recycle nearly 20 billion cans per year. Muscle Shoals’ main product is aluminum can sheet for the packaging industry, particularly for beverage containers. It manufactures sheet used in all three components of an aluminum can, namely body stock, coated end stock and tab stock. Additionally, Muscle Shoals’ supplies Auto Body Sheet substrate to Constellium’s Bowling Green, Kentucky, site.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.