Capex Engineering Project Controls/Scheduler
United States, Alabama, Muscle Shoals
October 5th, 2023
The Capex Engineering Project controls/Scheduler is responsible for assisting team with the organization, communication and update of project information. Includes design and developing project schedules in a timely manner to meet project requirements. Generating improved project control tools including CAPEX cashout and cost forecasting, updating KAPPA, and establish other improved reporting tools for Project managers and Plant management.
- Serves as the central point of contact for the Plant CAPEX project teams as it relates to all to CAPEX project schedules
- Audits project schedules and monitoring indicators; ensuring CAPEX project schedule time lines and financial information are accurately reflected.
- Participate in application of the best practices in terms of project schedule management
- Keep the Engineering Director, Capital Projects Manager and Controls Engineer regularly informed of changes in project schedules, with an analysis of probable causes (positive or negative variances)
- Coordinate his/her activities with those of the other Integrated Team members working in his/her field
- Develop a Project Management Schedule template for Project managers to use in development of their project schedules
- Conduct training of Project Managers on Plant CAPEX project schedule standards and best practices as required to ensure high quality project plans support business objectives.
- Audit Plant CAPEX project schedules to ensure they conform to Engineering standards.
- Development of an overall program schedule in Primavera P6 for Muscle Shoals CAPEX.
- Requirement of the overall project schedule:
- All milestones, (Gates, PO, Deliveries) for all project listed in the schedule with Baseline
- Schedule updated for each project weekly based on PM’s feedback entered in Teams.
- Analyze variances and propose corrective action plans
- Serve as primary point of contact for the project team for all matters related to project schedules in P6.
- Send a schedule monitoring report to the Engineering Team and work package managers on a regular basis
- Weekly generation of a status report detailing major activities for CAPEX projects to communicate to upper management for items completed the previous week and items schedule for future months.
- Participate in the Gate Readiness Review meetings organized by the Engineering Controls Manager
- Participate in the project steering committee meetings organized by the Engineering Controls Manager
- Add projects that have been approved by Engineering Capex Manager to track in P6.
- Maintain Capex LTP file in excel which includes tables, splicers, and charts. Ensure all formulas are calculating the data correctly.
- Retrieve reports out of SAP to analyze each projects cash out, goods issues, and invoice reporting. These reports will be used to validate cash out in Capex LTP and report back to the PM’s.
- Maintain and update KAPPA each month to meet BU requirements
- Maintain KAPPA reporting for the Capex Managers to analyze
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- 10+ years experience of complex experience as a project scheduler in the engineering or construction field.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively in verbal or written formats
- Strong time management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Project coordination experience, scheduling, planning and communications
- Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, Excel, MS Office experience
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with SharePoint, Power Bi, Power Query
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems Experience required
- Ability to work in a constrained environment (deadlines, costs, able to work under pressure) and ability to drive multiple projects in parallel, which interfere with each other
- Excellent decision-making skills – Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Ability to be flexible and to adjust priorities as necessary to meet changing conditions
- Ability to drive results – Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
- Work Process Optimization – Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Team oriented – Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Ability to hold self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Excellent organizational skills – Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Excellent leadership skills - Provides direction, delegates and removes obstacles to get work done
About Constellium: Constellium Muscle Shoals is an aluminum manufacturing plant based in Alabama with over 1,200 employees. With its widest strip mill in the USA and a world-class recycling center, the site represents one of the largest sites within Constellium and is a world-class can recycling center, with the capacity to recycle nearly 20 billion cans per year. Muscle Shoals’ main product is aluminum can sheet for the packaging industry, particularly for beverage containers. It manufactures sheet used in all three components of an aluminum can, namely body stock, coated end stock and tab stock. Additionally, Muscle Shoals’ supplies Auto Body Sheet substrate to Constellium’s Bowling Green, Kentucky, site.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.