CAE Engineer F/H/X
France, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, Voreppe
December 1st, 2022
CAE Engineer F/H/X
Constellium is a world leader in the development and manufacture of high value-added aluminum products and solutions for a wide range of markets and applications, focusing in particular on aerospace, automotive and packaging. Constellium also has nearly 12,000 employees worldwide.
We are committed to minimizing the environmental impact of our operations and improving the life cycle footprint of aluminum throughout the value chain.
In our company, safety is essential, it is one of our core values without compromise. Our Research and Technology Center, C-TEC Constellium Technology Center, employs about 240 people. Our research is mainly in the field of casting, aluminum transformation and surface treatment.
By joining our company, you will discover a multicultural company which is committed to diversity and the well-being of its employees.
In the context of a replacement, C-TEC is hiring a CAE Engineer F/H/X
Within the Modeiing Charaterization & Prototyping (MAP) Competence Group, you will contribute to application R&D projects in the packaging, automotive and defense fields. The objectives of these projects are, in collaboration with our customers, to better understand the specific needs and constraints of each application in order to guide the development of new products and to promote them.
Your role will be to:
- Conducting numerical studies for internal projects or in collaboration with customers for various applications
- Specify and follow the realization of prototyping and characterization tests in order to validate the models or on the basis of numerical results to demonstrate the relevance of a new concept
- Enrich the know-how in finite element modeling by developing new models and scripts, as well as learning about new methods
- Work closely with the laboratories and the R&D metallurgy team to contribute to projects and communicate results internally or to customers
1. EHS, Quality and security
- Contribute to C-TEC's zero accident policy by setting an example and taking all appropriate measures to ensure that work is carried out safely (full compliance with all EHS rules, LST, incident / near miss reporting, etc.)
- Contribute to Constellium's environmental objectives through, for example, the development of products with a high recycling rate or the minimization of the material scrap ratio
- Contribute to the quality management process by improving the center's KPIs and proposing preventive and corrective actions, updating quality documentation, etc.
- Reinforce the "safety" mindset (e.g. by conducting safety audits)
2. Technical assignments
- Understand the needs and expectations of customers
- Contribute to the definition of the project objectives through a concise description of the expected deliverables
- Develop and use finite element models (ls-dyna) for forming applications, static or dynamic performances (implicit static/dynamic, explicit, ALE)
- Perform numerical studies based on these models and synthesize the results
- Write clear and quality technical notes and presentations of study results
- Design, follow up and analyze experimental trials
- Propose and supervise internships or theses
- File patents when possible and relevant
- Develop our technical skills through international conferences
A generalist university degree in structural mechanics or materials with a specialization in numerical methods is desired. A PhD on a related subject would be appreciated.
The ideal candidate will have a first experience in the field of numerical simulation with:
- Basic knowledge in metallurgy or mechanical behavior of metallic materials
- Strong knowledge in mechanics and numerical methods
- Knowledge of experimental techniques for the characterization of metallic materials
- Knowledge of a finite element simulation software (ls-dyna would be a plus)
- Comfortable with the Linux environment and with shell and python programming languages
- Ability to synthesize knowledge and consolidate experience into long-term know-how
- Ability to innovate and propose new ideas
- Ability to interact effectively with clients based in Europe and North America
- Multidisciplinary and multicultural teamwork
The candidate with demonstrate their ability to work in a team, their good communication skills, rigor and autonomy in this role.
English and French written and spoken are required. German, written and spoken would be a plus. An international experience would be appreciated.