Scheduler - Maintenance
United States, Alabama, Muscle Shoals
February 9th, 2023
The Maintenance Scheduler will develop, manage, communicate, and maintain all APU job scheduling within Constellium’s CoRE Work Management Process with discipline and at a pace that meets the APU requirement to drive efficiency and reliability.
- Facilitates weekly scheduling meeting with production and maintenance managers
- Develops weekly schedules based on negotiated production unit priorities and current business environment to optimize the use of site wide available resources
- Ensures appropriate scheduling logic including amount of preventive maintenance work vs. corrective work
- Provides feedback to planners on quality of job plan detail and logic
- Development of an overall program schedule in Primavera P6 for Muscle Shoals CAPEX including major milestones for each project. Requirement of the overall project schedule
a. All milestones, (Gates, PO, Deliveries) for all project listed in the schedule with
b. Schedule updated for each project weekly
c. Be resource loaded
- Serve as primary point of contact for the project team for all matters related to project schedules.
- Weekly generation of a status report detailing major activities for CAPEX projects to communicate to upper management for items completed the previous week and items schedule for the upcoming three weeks
- Development of hour by hour outage schedules for project work for major outages in MS Project
- Train Maintenance Planners in the use of MS project
- By the end of the training, the planners should be able to build their own hour by hour resource loaded MS project schedule and know how to update it.
- Assist Plant Planners and scheduler in development of outage schedules
- Develop a Project Management Schedule template for Project managers to use in development of their project schedules
- Train Project Managers in the use of MS Projects
- Publishes and updates daily and weekly schedules to affected work groups
- Adjusts schedules to accommodate changing production priorities or available resources done by maintenance supervisor generally as this person ends up scheduling the mechanics
- Responds to and participates in the timely execution of critical priority jobs
- Assists production in the realignment of schedule based on process needs and the current business environment
- Monitors and tracks weekly schedule compliance, and publishing results cross-site
- Provides reports on resource utilization and provides input into any staffing changes that may be necessary based on historical trends and forecasts
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration/management or technical field or years of comparable industrial maintenance experience with proven track record
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively in verbal or written formats
- Strong time management skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Project coordination experience, scheduling, planning and communications
- Microsoft Project, Excel, Word proficiency required – HIGHLY SKILLED
- Experience with SAP is a plus
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems Experience required
- Exceptional team working skills
About Constellium Muscle Shoals, Al
Constellium is a world leader in the development and manufacture of high value-added aluminum products and solutions for a wide range of markets and applications, focusing on aerospace, automotive and packaging. Constellium also has nearly 12,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to minimizing the environmental impact of our operations and improving the life cycle footprint of aluminum throughout the value chain.
In our company, safety is essential, it is one of our core values without compromise. By joining our company, you will discover a multicultural company (over 20 nationalities) which is committed to diversity and the well-being of its employees.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.