United States, West Virginia, Ravenswood
December 15th, 2022
PRIMARY FUNCTION: To install, repair, adjust, modify and service all types of electrical/electronic/instrument equipment, communication systems, meter relay, scale systems and pneumatic systems.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT: Wiring diagrams, drawing, electrical and electronic tools, gauges, rigging, and mobile equipment, welding and burning equipment, hand tools, power rolls and related calibration and testing instrumentation, oil can, grease gun, rags, standard weights, brooms, shovels, solvents, soaps, floor scrubber, instructional literature, cranes, etc.
MATERIALS HANDLED: All electrical/electronic/instrument equipment incidental to the craft. Lubricants, grease, solvents, scales and scale parts.
- Performs tag out duties as necessary.
- Completes required records, reports, requisitions, PM’s, time cards and surveys.
- Perform minor duties that are incidental to their primary job even though those duties are also performed by other classifications.
- Operates power truck, manlift, other mobile equipment and cranes in performance of job.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, schematics, charts and sketches.
- Performs welding, cutting, brazing, heating and soldering equipment to complete or in conjunction with job assignment.
- Plans work details, determines material and tool requirements.
- Repairs tools common to the classification.
- Uses stores catalog and/or CRT to requisition materials and transport to work area.
- Makes inspections, repairs and installations.
- Inspects, dismantles, installs, adjusts, calibrates, repairs and tests electrical/electronic and scale equipment throughout the plant.
- Performs related work on high voltage switchgear and distribution systems.
- Plans detail of working procedure to determine material replacement needs and selects logical approach to “troubleshooting” and repair problems. Answer trouble calls.
- Makes sketches of parts and layouts, designs and constructs adaptations and conversions of component parts.
- Tears down, replaces, repairs and reassembles scales.
- Checks scales periodically and maintains scale accuracy within state prescribed limits.
- Works with combustion safeguard system, burners, regulators, etc.
- Keeps equipment, work area and lunchroom in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform miscellaneous painting in their work area.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.