Supplier Quality Engineer
United States, Georgia, White
January 16th, 2023
Job Summary: The Supplier Quality Engineer will support the development of suppliers, as well as managing supplier quality issues. In addition, the role will be responsible for all supplier audits and PPAPs for the White, GA suppliers.
- Develop suppliers to ensure market competitiveness.
- Responsible for identifying and addressing supplier quality issues.
- Support supplier audits and PPAPs.
- Review supplier manufacturing processes and quality systems.
- Conduct technical/quality system assessments and related systemic audits of potential new/current suppliers.
- Assure supplier understanding and compliance with PDP processes, PPAP submission and approval requirements.
- Implement and monitor supplier part qualification and certification processes.
- Determine root cause of supplier manufacturing problems and implement timely, effective, and efficient quality resolutions.
- Provide technical assistance during supplier launch, change-over and ongoing production activities.
- Monitor supplier performance through indicators like PPM, delivery counts, root cause, etc. in order to develop improvement strategies and corrective actions that effectively improve poor performing suppliers.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering from ABET accredited university or equivalent. (required)
- Working knowledge and application of quality standards (IATF, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, TS 16949, etc.) (required)
- Project management skills and tracking report skills. (required)
- Well-developed oral and written communications skills. (required)
- Experience in manufacturing environments (required).
- Technical and quality certifications (GD&T, Six sigma, Lean, PFMEA, ect.) (preferred)
- US and International travel as required. (30-40% Detroit MI/Canada.)
About Constellium White, Georgia:
Constellium White, Georgia is a state-of-the-art production facility which produces customized aluminum automotive structures and crash management systems for our OEM customers, and features advanced development and prototyping capabilities. Located at the heart of the automotive industry in metro Atlanta, the plant works closely with our OEM customers and suppliers to ensure our products meet precise performance specifications.
Benefits are the cherry on top of any job and what Constellium has to offer is definitely a treat! Day 1, employees automatically receive an 3% contribution to their 401k. On top of that, if the employee choses to contribute to their 401k, Constellium matches 100% of the first 6%. That money adds up fast! Constellium also offers a hybrid work arrangement, where employees at times are able to work remotely from home! If you miss office parties and socializing with coworkers, Constellium has their own Constellium Cares Committee at each site where they plan activities for employee engagement and community outreach. These are great opportunities to connect with others and do good for our communities! Like free stuff? Employees are given an annual allowance to buy company swag and have the option to submit fitness reimbursements for gym memberships, new workout equipment and more! Are kids in your future? Constellium offers 16 weeks 100% paid maternity leave and 4 weeks 100% paid paternity leave. Constellium will also help cover child care expenses for your children. Also, beginning in 2023 Constellium will be offering a Student Loan Repayment Program, where the Company will pay up to $3,000 per year to help employees tackle student debt. All in all, Constellium is a great place to work, period.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.