Recycling Engineer - Sourcing & Metal Sorting
France, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, Voreppe
January 25th, 2023
Recycling Engineer – Sourcing & Metal Sorting
Constellium is a global leader in the development and manufacture of high value-added aluminium products and solutions for a wide range of markets and applications, focusing in particular on aerospace, automotive and packaging. Constellium has a long tradition of innovation to support the changing needs of its customers.
From this point of view, C-TEC, Constellium's main research and development center, is at the forefront of the group's various activities, including the casting and recycling of aluminium scrap.
The recycling activity is a strategic and growing activity for Constellium. As such, this position reinforces the skills and efforts undertaken to increase the recycled content of Constellium's products and thus support its commitments to reduce its CO2 footprint in all the main packaging, automotive and aeronautical markets.
For this reason, C-TEC is hiring a Recycling Engineer – Sourcing & Metal Sorting
Reporting to the Technology team, this position of Recycling Project Manager is responsible for:
- The research of new sources of material to be recycled from manufacturing or end-of-life waste scraps,
- The development of sorting and treatment technologies for the recovery of these metal scraps.
- Manage recycling projects coming from metallic end-of-life products, such as car body parts, metallic structure of aircraft no longer working, metallic food packaging, aluminium building frames…,
- Guarantee the expertise around shredding and sorting technologies for metallic scrap (magnetic separation, eddy current, XRT, XRF, LIBS),
- Develop partnerships with equipment manufacturers and evaluate available technologies,
- Collaborate with customers and partners in recovering & managing metal to establish return and closed loop of recyclable scrap,
- Suggest alternative sources of material for recycling to minimize the use of raw material,
- Find low environmental impact recycling opportunities,
- Support the industrialization of new recycling practices or equipment in the Constellium Casthouse and Recycling Center in Europe and in the United States,
- Share technology benchmarks through technical reports, presentations, patents and publications,
- Participate in the deployment of strategic guidelines to implement recycling technologies and operating practices.
As such, you have a general engineering degree or a degree in process engineering, materials science or physics.
Knowledge of the following aspects would be a plus:
- Material treatment and separation processes
- Scrap metal market
- The aluminium transformation foundry or scrap metal recycling
- Knowledge or experience in managing production processes involving chemicals
In order to interact with all stakeholders (production site, suppliers, customers), you are known for your ability to build relationships, listening and communication skills.
You demonstrate autonomy in your activities as well as the ability to adapt, to react and to anticipate. You also demonstrate skills in production data analysis.
In order to interact with all stakeholders, proficiency in English is required.
Business trips in France and abroad is to be expected.