United States, West Virginia, Ravenswood
January 24th, 2023
Constellium is a global sector leader that develops innovative, value-added aluminium products for a broad scope of markets and applications, focusing in particular on aerospace, automotive and packaging.
The EHS Specialist is responsible for developing, Implementing, and administering environmental, health and safety protection, and programs affecting employee and public safety, occupational health, fire protection and prevention, and equipment and property protection.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and administering health and safety protection, and programs affecting employee and public safety, occupational health, fire protection and prevention, and equipment and property protection
- Serve as a resource for line management to develop and administer a proactive prevention program for accidents and illness
- Provide technical assistance to departments to ensure compliance with applicable Federal, State, and/or company environmental, health and safety regulations
- Conducts compliance evaluations of equipment, structures, and work in progress to ensure that regulatory EHS standards of the company and all applicable codes are followed
- Recommends facilities and technical specifications to carry out programs that full-fill the organizations overall objectives
- Prepares and reviews technical reports, correspondence and procedure manuals
- Establishes and maintains licenses and permits as required
Manage and promote the site EHS program
Educate employees and management on EHS requirements
Create and implement EHS policies and procedures
Conduct Accident and Incident Investigations
Audit for and seek corrective actions for EHS issues
Advise, assist and provide necessary resource to plant management on EHS issues to ensure that a safe and healthy environment is achieved
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health and Safety or Related Field
- 5 Years’ Experience as an Environmental Health and Safety Professional
- Master’s Degree, Certified Safety Professional and/or Certified Industrial Hygienist are not required however will be given preferential consideration
The position of EHS Specialist requires excellent analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to work through Issues for resolution with management, employees and peer groups.
The EHS Specialist has the authority to correct situations that pose an Immediate hazard to human health, the environment or State/Federal regulations. However, decisions related to policy, procedure and the direction of the plant will be made in conjunction with the Director, Environment, Health, Safety and Security as well as other members of the EHS Department and Site Management.
- Plant and Departmental Management
- Hourly Workforce
- EHS Staff
- Union Leadership
- State and Federal Agencies
- Resources and Consultants
- Contractors and Service Providers
- Medical and Health Facility
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.