United States, Michigan, Plymouth
January 27th, 2023
The Product Development Team will work closely with the customer on design and development activities for projects. The Product Design Engineer will be based out of the Plymouth, Michigan location with work from home flexibility, and will report into the Head of Product Development NA. The main focus of this role will be to support different OEMs located in US such as Ford, GM, etc. from design and development point of view, on the acquisition of new projects and on the design and development for extruded aluminum alloys products solutions with focus on crash-management-structures, battery-enclosures, BIW structures, etc.
- Design and development of automotive products including:
- Extraction of necessary information from OEM requirements
- 3D CAD and drawings
- Evaluation and supervising of internal testing
- Root cause analysis and problem solving
- Support of Manufacturing plant with Engineering changes
- Support of Sub-suppliers with data transfer
- Examples are not all inclusive and may be adjusted as required
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or comparable (required)
- 5 years of product design experience (required)
- Working knowledge of Office and MS products (required)
- GD&T knowledge (required)
- CAD experience: CATIA v5 (preferred)
Benefits are the cherry on top of any job and what Constellium has to offer is definitely a treat! Day 1, employees automatically receive an 3% contribution to their 401k. On top of that, if the employee choses to contribute to their 401k, Constellium matches 100% of the first 6%. That money adds up fast! Constellium also offers a hybrid work arrangement, where employees at times are able to work remotely from home! If you miss office parties and socializing with coworkers, Constellium has their own Constellium Cares Committee at each site where they plan activities for employee engagement and community outreach. These are great opportunities to connect with others and do good for our communities! Like free stuff? Employees are given an annual allowance to buy company swag and have the option to submit fitness reimbursements for gym memberships, new workout equipment and more! Are kids in your future? Constellium offers 16 weeks 100% paid maternity leave and 4 weeks 100% paid paternity leave. Constellium will also help cover child care expenses for your children. Also, beginning in 2023 Constellium will be offering a Student Loan Repayment Program, where the Company will pay up to $3,000 per year to help employees tackle student debt. All in all, Constellium is a great place to work, period.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.