Finishing Process Manager
United States, Alabama, Muscle Shoals
February 28th, 2023
Job Summary: The Process Manager leads the strategic process development, innovation and technical expertise for the APU. The Process Manager will have responsibility for 5 Direct reports: 5 Process Specialists/Engineers.
- Provides process and technical leadership for the APU.
- Effectively lead and manage the Process Specialists/Engineers.
- Develops and implements projects to meet and exceed customer quality expectations.
- Leads problem solving efforts and continuous improvement activities, including workshops and rapid improvement events related to quality and process efficiency.
- Support product & process development efforts in collaboration with central Quality/Technical team.
- Propose and scope capital investment projects in line with strategic goals.
- Use data analytics and statistical process control tools to drive decision making, optimize and manage process capabilities.
- Support implementation and adherence to lean principles.
- Seek and implement best known practice of coating and slitting operations for continued improved performance.
- Develop and implement technical, process and behavioral training programs which support individual and team improvement based on demonstrated performance.
- Accountable for performance management; Mentors and develops team for advancement in operational excellence.
- Directs APU process team to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures.
- Acts as liaison between other APU’s regarding product and process performance.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Physical Science/Engineering or related field required with minimum of 10 years’ experience in a technical problem-solving role, preferably in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Experience applying statistical knowledge and problem-solving tools and skills (Six Sigma certification a plus).
- Experience in ISO / IATF certification, control plans and FMEA’s is desired.
- Strong written skills required (drafting new procedures).
- Effective oral communication skills (one-on-one, small and larger group presentations, and facilitator roles on teams).
- Proficiency in mini-tab and computer process modelling is desired.
- Data-driven when approaching process development, process improvement, and problem-solving
- Available to work off-shifts and weekends on occasion as needed.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures in plant environment often requiring extensive walking or moving about the plant or standing for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Good communication, high level of autonomy, collaboration and interpersonal skills are equally important.
- Perform, understand and communicate detailed information analysis and evaluation, and have a good track record working effectively within a team-based environment.
- Passionate about safety.
- Proven ability to hold others accountable and to lead by example.
- Ability to work in cross-organizational and multi-functional teams in a global matrix organization with manufacturing operations and an international mindset.
About Constellium Muscle Shoals
Constellium Muscle Shoals is a major aluminum sheet supplier for the packaging and automotive markets. The plant has ~1,200 employees and more than 100 acres under room, including five casting units, hot and cold rolling mills, and a slitting and finishing center. Muscle Shoals produces aluminum sheet for use in all three components of beverage cans (body stock, coated end stock, tab stock) and has the capacity to produce over 1 billion pounds per year of finished aluminum coils. The plant also produces aluminum automotive coils to be processed at our CALP line in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Muscle Shoals’ world-class recycling center is able to recycle the equivalent of 20 billion aluminum cans per year.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.