Chief Financial Officer
United States, Kentucky, Bowling Green
February 9th, 2023
Constellium is a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high value-added aluminum products and solutions, and in aluminum recycling. With approximately 12,000 employees worldwide, Constellium operates 25+ manufacturing sites in North America, Europe and China with reported 2021 sales of € 6.2 billion (close to US $6.4 billion).
P&ARP Business Unit is a leader in packaging and in automotive with research and technology centers in Michigan and in France, the Bowling Green plant in Kentucky, the Muscle Shoals plant in Alabama and two plants in Europe.
Inaugurated in 2016, Constellium Bowling Green plant produces flat rolled aluminum Auto Body Sheet products for the growing automotive market in North America. With 145 employees and a capacity to produce 100,000 metric tons annually, the plant offers a full range of automotive alloys with a broad spectrum of thicknesses and widths. Coils supplied by the plant are used for a variety of automotive applications, including closures (inners and outers) and Body-in-White components.
- The site is accountable for its financial result, health and safety (zero accident)
- The Sales team, the Marketing team, the Strategy and R&D teams are under BUs leadership
- The Procurement teams, as well as IT, Finance & HR are under Group support functions responsibilities
Finance: Constellium Bowling Green is a US legal entity. Reporting is done in IFRS and in US GAAP
This role leads financial activities, assures proper internal controls, provides Company direction on compliance with Code of Conduct, and oversees:
- Group reporting
- Internal control
- Financial planning
The Bowling Green CFO gives his/her support to the plant manager and to the organizational leadership to steer, to optimize the financial performance and to provide with a true and fair view of the state of the business.
- Leads, identifies and develops the tools, resources and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the President and to the organizational leadership and makes actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Responsible for ensuring that efficient policies and procedures and the proper internal controls are in place and for ensuring the accuracy of the Group and BU’s financial reporting processes
- Oversees long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with the organization's strategic plan
- Oversee and develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage capital requests and budgeting processes
- Ensure adequate risk management in compliance with Treasury and BU procedures
- Ensure the company complies with regulatory requirements
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Leads and manages a diverse team of professionals and support staff
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, other business degree will be considered, CPA preferred
- Candidates should have the ability to work effectively to meet deadlines, multi-task and perform in a team-oriented environment
- An experience in large size plant, in an international environment is a plus
- Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- At least 5-8 years Accounting required, and 3-5 years supervisory experience
- Must have superior analytical skills with impeccable judgment with experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Must possess management skills in leadership; delegation and supervision, organizing and planning and interpersonal skills including conflict resolution
- Experience and adaptability to work in a growing environment
- Requires effective written and oral communication skills sufficient to communicate with all levels of the organization, bankers and customers
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and working knowledge of MS Office a must
- Strong organizational skills, extreme attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines in a multitasking environment
- Well-developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Must be willing to work overtime when needed