United States, Alabama, Muscle Shoals
March 13th, 2023
To provide analytical expertise within the Production Unit in the arears of Performance reporting including, but not limited, to utilization, lbs./hours, coil change time, machine delays, inventories, recoveries, and financials.
- Train equipment operators in Shop Floor reporting in order to achieve data integrity, while auditing the data to ensure accuracy. Review reporting systems for possible improvement for ease of use or additional information to be captured.
- Create and maintain operating procedures for production reporting. This should include how the data is added/edited and audited to ensure data accuracy. Will need to set thresholds to when to report delays or speed discrepancies.
- Ensure APU and other unit personnel have the correct information available to them in a timely manner to make good decisions in a timely manner.
- Gather the information needed to review with the unit to create realistic performance goals (lbs./hr., utilization, recoveries) while including anticipated improvement.
- Provide requirements to IT and Finance for future information needs the unit may require to analyze performance.
- Assist team members in analyzing information as needed to perform their jobs
- Work as a resource or green belt to help with continuous improvement efforts
- Collaborate with Finance to build an annual budget by involving those in the unit that affect spending.
- Monitor actual spending vs budget to share with the unit and look for ways to maintain budget
Leadership competencies, technical skills requirement
- Requires a minimum of 4 years manufacturing related experience or a BS degree in an engineering or technical field.
- Requires knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment used in the production of aluminum fabricated products. Knowledge of basic work methods and material flow is required.
- Strong mathematical skills are essential.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in MS office products including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint
- SAP knowledge preferred.
- Result orientation, accountability, negotiation, problem solving, project and change management, and team working/building
- Good communication, high level of autonomy, collaboration and interpersonal skills are equally important
- Perform, understand and communicate detailed information analysis and evaluation, and have a good track record working effectively within a team-based environment
- Language fluency in English is required. French or German would be a plus
- Ability to work in cross-organizational and multi-functional teams in a global matrix organization with manufacturing operations and an international mindset
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.