Technician - Oiler
United States, Alabama, Muscle Shoals
April 13th, 2023
Job Summary: The Technician Oiler will work the equipment process in producing our aluminum sheet.
- Follow all plant policies and practices to ensure safety, quality, and cost objectives are met
- Ensure good housekeeping of all work areas
- Adhere to safety and quality protocols including safety glasses, hardhats, hearing protection and safety shoes.
- Accurately complete all paperwork and data entry to support job tasks
- Continuously monitor equipment and instrumentation safely, and with minimal guidance
- Perform various quality checks
- Identify/communicate continuous improvement opportunities
- Safely stage and move materials by operating a fork-life and/or dolly
- Perform other general tasks as assigned by management
- High school diploma from an accredited institution or GED
- 1-3 years in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to work effectively to perform in a team-oriented, manufacturing environment
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment examination, background check, and drug screen
- United States citizen or Green Card holder
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Solid math skills; basic calculations to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, basic percentages and fractions
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
Constellium Muscle Shoals is an aluminum manufacturing plant based in Alabama with over 1,200 employees. With its widest strip mill in the USA and a world-class recycling center, the site represents one of the largest sites within Constellium and is a world-class can recycling center, with the capacity to recycle nearly 20 billion cans per year. Muscle Shoals’ main product is aluminum can sheet for the packaging industry, particularly for beverage containers. It manufactures sheet used in all three components of an aluminum can, namely body stock, coated end stock and tab stock. Additionally, Muscle Shoals’ supplies Auto Body Sheet substrate to Constellium’s Bowling Green, Kentucky, site.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.