IT Application apprenticeship F/H/X
France, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, Voreppe
May 10th, 2023
IT Application apprenticeship F/H/X
Constellium is a world leader in the development and manufacture of high value-added aluminum products and solutions for a wide range of markets and applications, focusing in particular on aerospace, automotive and packaging. Constellium also has nearly 12,000 employees worldwide.
We are committed to minimizing the environmental impact of our operations and improving the life cycle footprint of aluminum throughout the value chain.
In our company, safety is essential, it is one of our core values without compromise. Our Research and Technology Center, C-TEC Constellium Technology Center, employs about 240 people. Our research is mainly in the field of casting, aluminum transformation and surface treatment.
By joining our company, you will discover a multicultural company which is committed to diversity and the well-being of its employees.
Constellium is working on an IT initiative to support innovations, transformations and the use of new technologies & applications.
Into the central IT department (COE), the mission consists to inventory all the applications we are currently using in Constellium. A software has been chosen for managing the applications knowledge/landscape : Hopex from Mega. It is not a must to know this software as some training sessions could be set up with Mega or organized internally.
This project is already known from all the sites and 4 sites (pilot) already started to work and defined what they would like to manage (which level of details, which level of applications, list of exchanges between the applications,…).
Your main responsibilities:
Based on these outcomes, the objective will be to continue with all the sites in order to :
- Collect the data
- Clarify the site deliverables
- Classify the applications (by type, business capabilities, …)
- Upload the data into Hopex with all the application characteristics
- Link the applications in between each of them when they are interconnected
- Describe the applications
- Link the applications to technologies components
The main objective of this project is to set up an application landscape involving each site (we have 24 sites), communicating with all site’s counterparts, getting and organizing the inputs, …
At the end, each site has to be independent and able to manage any change in their applications catalog.
Having the solution in place will allow Constellium to:
- Inventory the applications globally
- Identify the business owners, operation partners
- Manage the versioning, obsolescence and then risks
- Optimize the cost and Rationalize applications
- Anticipate the required projects
- Propose application modernization
- Highlight potential cloud migration
- Socialize and share application portfolio
That’s will beneficiate a lot to Constellium IT leadership team to take the right decisions.
Competencies & technical & soft skills requirement:
- Good aptitude for using MS office (Excel, …)
- Attraction to IT and functional applications (from various domains: From Finance/HR to Production/Quality Mgt)
- Ability to communicate with different persons from different countries (US, France, Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Switzerland mainly)
- All the communication (documents, emails, calls) will be in English. So a good level of the English language is required (both written and spoken)
- No mobility is required. All can be managed from the office
Level of diploma targeted: Engineering school diploma