United States, Alabama, Muscle Shoals
May 12th, 2023
Job Summary: The Quality Engineer will be responsible for ensuring quality is held to the highest standards by providing data to drive process or continuous improvements. The Quality Engineer will work closely with production, supply chain, maintenance, engineering, and technical to support and/or lead quality projects.
- Support and actively engage employees on all plant safety rules and guidelines with corrective action as required.
- Immediately address hazards.
- Perform Safety Dialogues.
- Perform Leadership Safety Tours.
- Complete MOC procedure to identify risks related to process changes.
- Develop weekly or bi-weekly quality meets.
- Develop and maintain the operators defect catalog standards for release criteria.
- Lead/collaborate the interdepartmental monthly quality review meeting with the Hot mill our downstream supplier.
- Handle all APU related customer complaints – both internal and external customers.
- Champion Quality 8D’s and develop and implement the changes / actions plans from the 8D’s.
- Maintain and update all calibration data for Cast house.
- Disposition of TM holds.
- Daily analysis of Bi-gas data and recommendations if needed.
- Implement APU Quality requirements. .
- Engage operators and supervisors regarding quality complaints to assist in investigation and development of corrective actions and to communicate changes to the process.
- Review and disposition nonconforming metal daily (in conjunction with Process Engineers)
- Develop new quality standards as appropriate to ensure quality complaints and claims are reduced.
- Work with operations team to develop action plans for crew to crew WIL and recovery .
- Develop/modify KPV’s, procedures, release standards, etc.
- Manage APU quality audit program.
- Maintain all quality documents for APU.
- Coordinate communication for quality issues incoming.
- Take part in site internal audit program.
- Develop Quality Standards for operational adherence
- Spend time on the floor daily engaging the employees and addressing any observed or reported safety and/or quality issues
- Assist in planning and monitoring of quality improvement trials / process changes
- Qualify new equipment or process improvements
- Act on any new & active employee suggestions related to Quality
- Develop and deliver quality training for production and maintenance employees and sign off on operation job qualification for quality related tasks.
- Coordinate team actions regarding quality improvement initiatives
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in STEM or Business.
- Certification as an ASQ-CQE, CQA, or six-sigma preferred
- Experience in aluminum automotive sheet quality preferred
- Knowledge of ISO9001 and IATF16949 requirements preferred.
- Must have ability to write technically oriented reports that are understood by the general public.
- Ability to work with a broad cross section of people from top managers, hourly work force and internal and external customers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and establish appropriate priority.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient with Microsoft Office software e.g. Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Minitab and SAP
- Good communication, high level of autonomy, collaboration and interpersonal skills are equally important
- Perform, understand and communicate detailed information analysis and evaluation, and have a good track record working effectively within a team-based environment
Constellium Muscle Shoals is an aluminum manufacturing plant based in Alabama with over 1,200 employees. With its widest strip mill in the USA and a world-class recycling center, the site represents one of the largest sites within Constellium and is a world-class can recycling center, with the capacity to recycle nearly 20 billion cans per year. Muscle Shoals’ main product is aluminum can sheet for the packaging industry, particularly for beverage containers. It manufactures sheet used in all three components of an aluminum can, namely body stock, coated end stock and tab stock. Additionally, Muscle Shoals’ supplies Auto Body Sheet substrate to Constellium’s Bowling Green, Kentucky, site.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.