United States, Alabama, Muscle Shoals
June 8th, 2023
The Production Operator will work the equipment process in producing our aluminum sheet.
- Follow all plant policies and practices to ensure safety, quality, and cost objectives are met
- Ensure good housekeeping of all work areas
- Adhere to safety and quality protocols including safety glasses, hardhats, hearing protection and safety shoes.
- Accurately complete all paperwork and data entry to support job tasks
- Continuously monitor equipment and instrumentation safely, and with minimal guidance
- Perform various quality checks
- Identify/communicate continuous improvement opportunities
- Safely stage and move materials by operating a fork-life and/or dolly
- Perform other general tasks as assigned by management
- High School Diploma from an accredited institution or GED
- 1-3 years in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to work effectively to perform in a team-oriented, manufacturing environment
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment examination, background check, and drug screen
- United States citizen or Green Card holder
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Solid math skills; basic calculations to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, basic percentages and fractions
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
About Constellium Muscle Shoals
Constellium Muscle Shoals is a major aluminum sheet supplier for the packaging and automotive markets. The plant has ~1,200 employees and more than 100 acres under room, including five casting units, hot and cold rolling mills, and a slitting and finishing center. Muscle Shoals produces aluminum sheet for use in all three components of beverage cans (body stock, coated end stock, tab stock) and has the capacity to produce over 1 billion pounds per year of finished aluminum coils. The plant also produces aluminum automotive coils to be processed at our CALP line in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Muscle Shoals’ world-class recycling center is able to recycle the equivalent of 20 billion aluminum cans per year.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.