Slovakia, Bratislava, Bratislava
July 11th, 2023
The Auditor – Internal Control Center of Excellence will deliver in the areas of Risk Management, Control Testing, Compliance, and Internal Audit. The position will focus on SOX Compliance (both Business process and IT) but will also contribute to projects in Operations, Finance, and IT.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Report to the Internal Control Manager and assist with the execution of risk-based internal audit engagements.
- Develop in-depth Understanding of Business Process cycles (Purchase to Payable; Revenue & Receivables; Financial Close; Payroll; Treasury; etc.) and the related IT Environments
- Participate in end-to-end walkthroughs to identify risks, control gaps, and improvement opportunities.
- Execute and complete testing of the design and operating effectiveness of SOX business process and IT controls, including entity and process level controls, IT general and application controls, key reports, and SOC1 analyses.
- Review control process with control owners. Ensure tests address control objectives.
- Ensures an understanding of the control and the test for that control are formally documented in process narratives and testing template.
- Execute a test (and retest as needed) of the control using the sample size for the control.
- Analyze test results for accuracy and for meeting the control objective.
- Prepares audit work papers and evidence to form an adequate basis for reporting results to management.
- Perform root cause analysis to understand gaps and provide appropriate recommendations. Evaluate audit findings and coordinate remediation of deficiencies.
- Monitor status of management action plans.
- Assist in evaluation of new processes, policies, and systems to determine relevance to and impact on the SOX program, including assessing design of controls based on identified risks.
- Develop proficiency in assessing application control environment.
- Support the department's audit plan and participate in Financial/Operational audits, if required and as possible allowing for SOX schedule.
- Stays abreast of leading practices in auditing procedures, accounting regulations, governmental regulations, Public Companies Account Oversight Board (PCAOB) updates and guidance and internal control procedures.
- Effectively cooperate and interact within an interactive project team.
- Interact respectfully and effectively with various personnel across the organization to understand processes, gather information, and test processes and controls.
- Research and recommend process, security, operations, or compliance enhancements.
- Coordinate tasks with internal and external assurance providers and risk assessors.
- Participate in department quality assurance and continuous improvement program.
- Contribute to written reports that clearly and concisely communicate observations, risks, recommendations, and management action plans.
- Identify, share, and disseminate best practices (within the team and to management)
- Internally, prepares periodic reports on progress made in the delivery of the annual SOX Plan as well as key findings identified. Also, develops the IA&IC function capabilities (regulatory watch, methodologies, and competencies) around his/her major.
- Use and administration of the IA & IC Integrated Risk Management Tool (AuditBoard).