Switzerland, Zürich, Zürich
July 19th, 2023
Constellium is a global leader in aluminum manufacturing with 12’500 employees in 31 locations distributed over Europe, North America and Asia. Constellium serves a well-diversified spectrum of customers from the aerospace, transportation, automotive and the packaging industry. In order to serve these dynamic and challenging industries, Constellium invests in R&D in order to develop high value-added products and to drive forward its roadmap towards a sustainable future. This requires Constellium IT to provide reliable, cost-effective and secure IT services that support its production processes as well as the business support functions.
The Director Infrastructure is part of the IT Leadership Team reporting to the CIO. He is leading the Global Infrastructure team (currently 4 direct reports and 22 team members) and is responsible to design, deploy, operate and improve all global infrastructure services including Architecture, Network, Messaging & Desktop, Hosting, Service Desk and PMO (both of which provide services to all IT teams).
In Constellium, the goal of the infrastructure services is to provide performing, reliable and very cost-effective services that allow our business to operate successfully. Achieving this goal in a global matrix organization, requires an experienced infrastructure manager who has leadership, organizational, communication skills and also a solid technical background. He is expected to be able to operate, develop and improve infrastructure services while understanding the business requirements and strategy, considering site IT requirements and still be very cost sensitive.
- Own, oversee, develop, deploy and improve global infrastructure services.
- Ensure global infrastructure is aligned with business, and local site requirements.
- Support the global and local infrastructure teams in executing infrastructure projects.
- Promote and rive operational excellence, thorough communication and continuous improvement.
- Promote solid service management while focusing on incident management and change management.
- Ensuring the global infrastructure team is well integrated with the information security, digital, application and site IT teams.
- Manage vendors and 3rd parties in order to manage risk associated with them and to ensure good relationships and solid performance.
- Maintain a thorough KPI measuring, visualization and reporting system which allows tracking and communicating the current status of infrastructure services and to reveal weaknesses and trigger improvement actions.
- Establish trusted and collaborative relationship with business, global and site teams.
General experience and skills
- 10-15 years of experience in IT, the majority of it in different infrastructure areas such as networking, hosting, messaging, desktop, architecture.
- Multiple years of experience in owning and running infrastructure services in a larger IT environment.
- Bachelor degree in information technology.
- Fluent in English, French and/or German is a plus.
- Ability to do moderate (up to 20% max) traveling (primarily to our manufacturing sites).
- Solid background in IT service management, preferably ITIL certification.
- Good foundation in IT security, especially related to networking and systems security.
- Experience in an English speaking and international work environment.
- Ability to work, collaborate and get things done in a global matrix organization and in collaboration with different global and local IT teams as well as with business.
- Good leadership skills and ability to manage and develop a global and distributed infrastructure team.
- Strong and convincing communication in order to discuss and present solutions, to convince senior management about proposals and to get buy-in.
- Strong skills in making complex operational and project budgets (including business cases), forecasting, tracking, living and promotive financial discipline.
- Willingness to work in a fast changing and demanding environment.
- Experience in convincing colleagues from other teams, functions or business units, to understand and follow infrastructure processes, standards and requirements.
- Ability to manage projects as a project manager and to supervise team members who are managing projects.
- Strong skills in vendor management.
- Strong understanding of how the technological development in IT and IT infrastructure in particular affect Constellium today and in the future.
- Ability to anticipate future business needs, develop adequate roadmaps, get buy-in and finally get them implemented.
- Strong experience in developing, operating and improving infrastructure services in a corporate environment.
- Solid foundation in various technical infrastructure topics such networking, hosting, messaging and desktop environment, telephony, Windows infrastructure and O365 services and Azure cloud.
- Solid understanding of IT security and IT SOX (IT General Controls) is a big benefit.
- Structured approach to develop and drive an infrastructure roadmap.
- Strong service ownership and strong leadership in handling incidents and operational issues and improvements.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.