Sales & Technical Service Analyst
United States, Alabama, Muscle Shoals
September 7th, 2023
This position will support the Customer Technical Services (CTS) and Inside Sales teams in working with internal suppliers, as well as internal and external customers, specifically managing claims management and reporting. This role will also manage trial tracking, coil return processes and forecast verification.
- Utilize problem solving and data analysis to support customer issue resolution
- Support design, implementation and improvement of communication as well as drive awareness of quality issues across all departments (“voice of the customer” and “voice of the business”)
- Daily reports, Weekly reports, Monthly reports on claims, complaints, returns and allowances (combined from Everest and SAP systems)
- Support CTS team with entry and maintenance of claim information into Everest claim system. Manage the customer complaint management system.
- Ad-hoc reporting on claims and returns as required by CTS team and management requests
- Track complaints and claims to closure and issue Quality alerts to mill based on lab report confirmation and approvals
- Track customer inventory of outstanding claims/complaints and work with Logistics and CTS team to insure rapid return or resolution to meet stated goals.
- Track and report on Cost of Quality Metrics for CTS team.
- Track and report team training as well as team meeting minutes and action items
- Manage CTS content on network shared drives and/or Sharepoint and ETQ system
- Develop skills over time to become ETQ subject matter expert for Sales/CTS
- Maintain trial order tracking including spreadsheet maintenance, customer and internal reports on trial status to include customer communications for updates and status
- Coil return management – work with CTS team and Logistics to ensure customer returns are expedited and reports maintained on status.
- Support inside sales with data needs and simplification including coil return processes related to excess inventory, rejected shipments.
- Coordinate with coil receiving and enter return orders in SAP.
- Maintain and update returns spreadsheet.
- Perform, understand and communicate detailed information analysis and evaluation
- Position may involve infrequent travel, including to customers, for training/development
- Review current processes and drive improvements/simplification, and keep all CTS team specific SOP’s up to date.
Leadership competencies, technical skills requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Experience/Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point software applications and the ability to learn in-house software (Everest, ETQ, SAP, etc.)
- Capability to analyze and communicate detailed information, including technical reports
- Flexibility to adapt to a frequently changing business environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize based on business needs
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Six Sigma and Statistical Quality Control preferred. Minitab is a plus but not required.
- Communicates effectively in visual, oral and written form utilizing required technologies
- Language fluency in English
About Constellium Muscle Shoals:
Constellium Muscle Shoals is a major aluminum sheet supplier for the packaging and automotive markets. The plant has ~1,200 employees and more than 112 acres under room, including five casting units, hot and cold rolling mills, and a slitting and finishing center. Muscle Shoals produces aluminum sheet for use in all three components of beverage cans (body stock, coated end stock, tab stock) and has the capacity to produce over 1 billion pounds per year of finished aluminum coils. The plant also produces aluminum automotive coils to be processed at our CALP line in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Muscle Shoals’ world-class recycling center is able to recycle the equivalent of 20 billion aluminum cans per year.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.