Junior Execution Trader
Switzerland, Zürich, Zürich
August 22nd, 2023
Constellium is a global leader in the development, manufacturing, and recycling of aluminum products and solutions. We design and manufacture advanced alloys and engineered solutions for a range of applications, such as beverage cans, cars, airplanes across three business units: Aerospace and Transportation (A&T), Packaging and Automotive Rolled Products (P&ARP), and Automotive Structures and Industry (AS&I).
With approximately 12,000 employees around the world, we operate 27 manufacturing sites in Europe, North America, and China, and have 3 R&D centers with total revenue portfolio of €6.2 billion in 2021. We are headquartered in Paris, with corporate offices in Baltimore and Zurich. Our story dates back more than a century, but our mission remains the same: to create game-changing aluminum solutions for a circular and sustainable economy and a brilliant new day.
For motivated candidates, we offer the chance to join the Front Office Team of the Group Treasury of a global aluminum fabricator. The Junior Execution Trader will be primarily responsible for the execution of Commodity, Energy and FX hedge requests as well managing the groups exposures. The candidate will join a multicultural team that seeks to enhance and protect the groups value along with driving positive change.
The Junior Execution Trader will execute its tasks and duties under the supervision of the Financial Risk Manager.
- Execute Commodity, Energy and FX hedges with external liquidity providers on behalf of Constellium group companies.
- Price internal hedge requests for Commodities, Energy and FX.
- Maintain a full overview of all trading activities, current positions, PnL and risk to address certain situations.
- Manage credit lines with counterparties and monitor the mark-to-market of derivative positions.
Monitoring & Reporting Responsibilities
- Monitor the sensitivity of positions to fluctuations in market prices.
- Continuous assessment of credit risk/rating of liquidity providers.
- Review hedge effectiveness, monitor accuracy of existing exposure and rationalize PnL results.
- Maintain and enhance existing trading and analysis tools. Support in the development of new tools to meet business requirements.
- Maintain and deliver the daily market price database, along with other business critical files.
- Prepare and deliver trading and market reports, commentary and ad-hoc price indications.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in an international environment, preferable in the metals industry.
- Experience in the execution of Commodity/FX trades or a Treasury Middle Office role is an asset.
- Knowledge of financial markets, trading fundamentals and Mark-to-Market valuations.
- Good understanding of treasury processes.
- Advanced English language ability, both written and spoken. Competency in German and/or French is advantageous.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, team and goal orientated, analytical and problem-solving skills are highly valued.
- Attention to detail, seeks to understand and question results.
- Strives to improve processes and procedures to maximize efficiency.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Power BI, VBA, Bloomberg