Maintenance Supervisor - Element 13
United States, Alabama, Muscle Shoals
September 14th, 2023
The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate, manage, teach, develop, coach, facilitate and motivate TEAM participative skills to attain maintenance & reliability goals, the quality statement, spending, safety & housekeeping, training, technology and the behavioral qualities of the individual. Must possess strong leadership skills, multi-tasking skills, along with excellent employee relations and communication skills.
- Provides direction of the daily activities to the workforce
- Maintain a safe work environment, free of harassment adhering to 5S standards and all safety procedures
- Coach and counsel employees on standard operating practices and “best practices” for increased performance
- Coordinate and evaluate the training of new employees in their job requirements
- Monitor product quality to ensure customer specifications are being met or exceeded
- Work in conjunction with other departments to ensure production schedule is met
- Coordinate all necessary repairs with the maintenance department to maintain operations.
- Schedule work as necessary to meet production schedule
- Implement Labor Agreement, corporate policies, and good housekeeping standards
- High school education or equivalent; B.S. in Business/Management or Engineering field
- 2-4 years related experience utilizing leadership skills in a high production environment in a supervisory (preferably in an industrial environment; metal rolling/slitting manufacturing facility)
- Possess good organizational skills, effective oral and written communication, strong interpersonal skills, and efficient presentation skills
- The ability to work overtime, weekends, and shift work as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and basic computer skills
- Ability to take initiative, proved leadership, meet deadlines, and work in a team environment
Constellium Muscle Shoals is an aluminum manufacturing plant based in Alabama with over 1,200 employees. With its widest strip mill in the USA and a world-class recycling center, the site represents one of the largest sites within Constellium and is a world-class can recycling center, with the capacity to recycle nearly 20 billion cans per year. Muscle Shoals’ main product is aluminum can sheet for the packaging industry, particularly for beverage containers. It manufactures sheet used in all three components of an aluminum can, namely body stock, coated end stock and tab stock. Additionally, Muscle Shoals’ supplies Auto Body Sheet substrate to Constellium’s Bowling Green, Kentucky, site.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.