Production Shift Supervisor - CPG
United States, West Virginia, Ravenswood
August 25th, 2023
Constellium is a global sector leader that develops innovative, value-added aluminum products for a broad scope of markets and applications, focusing in particular on aerospace, automotive and packaging.
Provide supervision for the activities in the assigned department; in such a fashion to support Constellium’s needs to achieve the overall goals and objectives.
The shift supervisor must possess the necessary leadership skills to manage all aspects of a shift. This position is responsible for coordinating safety, quality, productivity, training and continuous improvement for their assigned crew. The jobholder must be able to effectively manage the union workforce within the boundaries of the collective bargaining agreement.
The jobholder must have working knowledge of customer requirements covering a large variety of products including Aerospace Plate, Brazing Sheet, and Transportation markets such as dump trucks, rail cars, and tanker trucks. The position also requires prior experience in an organized labor atmosphere.
The supervisor must have conflict resolution skills in order to provide the leadership necessary to identify and resolve problems. They must be willing and able to act independently and lead the effort to determine root causes and implement corrective actions.
Responsible for the production crews in their assigned department.
Achieve the monthly and annual operating KPl's
Responsible for personnel - hourly employees
- Achieve the EHS plan for their department
- Building an EHS focused culture
Responsible for seeing that EHS policies and procedures are established, documented, implemented, and enforced
- Ensure compliance to the rules governing the safe and efficient operation of the plant
Responsible for conformance to Constellium policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Assure internal and external customer needs are met
Provide leadership in Continuous Improvement
- Improve on existing processes so that the plant becomes more profitable
- Manage to “Work it like you own it”
Leadership Competencies & Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Minimum of 5 Years’ Experience in Related Industrial Environment
- Requires Strong Leadership and Communication Skills
- Proven Ability to Manage and Develop in a Team Environment
- Requires Strong Employee Development Skills
- Knowledge of Production Functions within Rolling Mills
- Commitment to EHS
- Strong Management Skills in a Union Environment
- Drives Engagement – Creation of an engage culture
- Ensures Accountability – Holds self and others accountable to meet standards
- Instills Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Drives Results – Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
- Action Oriented – Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Plans and Aligns – Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Directs Work – Provides direction, delegation, and removes obstacles to get work done
- Decision Quality – Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Manages Ambiguity – Operates effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Manages Conflict – Handles conflict situations effectively, with minimal noise
Requires the ability to identify and resolve both short and long-term problems. Must be able to complete work independently or work in a team environment. Position requires a run it as your business attitude
- APU Manager and Operations Manager
- Front Line Supervisors
- Planning and Sales Group
- Hourly Employees
- Suppliers and vendors
- 20-30 Hourly Crew Members
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.