Program Manager Aerospace
France, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, Voreppe
August 30th, 2023
Program Manager Aerospace
Constellium is a world leader in the development and manufacture of high value-added aluminium products and solutions for a wide range of markets and applications, focusing in particular on aerospace, automotive and packaging. Constellium also has nearly 12,000 employees worldwide.
We are committed to minimizing the environmental impact of our operations and improving the life cycle footprint of aluminium throughout the value chain. In our company, safety is essential, it is one of our core values without compromise. Our Research and Technology Center, C-TEC Constellium Technology Center, based in Grenoble (Voreppe - 38), employs about 240 people.
By joining our company, you will discover a multicultural company (more than 18 nationalities) which is committed to diversity and the well-being of its employees. You will also discover an R&D center rich by its expertise and by the benevolence of its employees.
In a context of retirement, C-TEC is recruiting a Program Manager for its aerospace market.
Reporting to the Director of the Research Center, the Aerospace Program Manager is responsible for all research projects in these two major fields for the Constellium Group. As such, he/she has a functional management role over a team of engineers and experts specialized in various fields, in particular: physical and mechanical metallurgy, surface treatments / coatings and corrosion, aluminum transformation, shaping and assembly processes.
This role is part of the site's matrix organization and aims to ensure that research projects are delivered:
- In the required quality, in other words, in line with our customers’ expectations on the one hand, and ready for industrialization without major difficulties on the other hand.
- In line with our commitments in terms of deadlines, bearing in mind that we aim to continually reduce our development times in order to stay ahead of the competition.
- In compliance with budgetary commitments.
The incumbent is a member of the Constellium C-TEC management team.
To fill this position, you must have:
- An engineering degree or equivalent, or a PHD in Materials Science, Physical Science or Mechanics.
- At least 15 years of experience in research and development in a materials - related field and/or in connection with the civil/military aeronautics or space markets. Ideally, you will have already spent at least 5 years in the field of aluminum metallurgy or the use of aluminum in aerostructures.
- Management skills, with the ability to coach and develop project teams.
- Comfortable working in complex, international industrial environments.
- A perfect command of English is absolutely essential. A good command of another language is highly desirable, especially French and/or German. Experience in the field of continuous improvement will also be valued.
International business travel (mainly in Europe and North America) is to be expected, up to approximately 20% of working time.
This position can require a significant amount of business trips, potentially on a worldwide basis (order of magnitude can be 20% of total time) and a certain time flexibility.
Your benefits at C-TEC:
- Attractive salary
- Annual working days system, with work time reduction
- Staff canteen
- Important benefits from the work council
- Possibility of working from home