Mechanical Engineer - Graduate
United States, Alabama, Muscle Shoals
September 5th, 2023
A Graduate Mechanical Engineer is to compliment the engineering group in maintaining the highest standards for management of engineering functions to maintain and improve existing infrastructure and evolve with continuous improvement in the most effective ways practical.
- Supports emergency troubleshooting, repairs, and corrections to facility and the facility’s equipment
- Provides design modifications to improve facility productivity, quality, process cost, and safety
- Applies knowledge of materials to determine suitability and advise with respect to structural integrity, strength, and durability to enhance facilities and equipment
- Coordinates outage and construction activity with production and maintenance departments
- Assists in the preparation of comprehensive capital maintenance and capital investment projects
- Works with the engineering group to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new installations meets and exceeds performance expectations
- Reviews and manages vendor specifications and compiles technical evaluations to support procurement
- Ensures compliance to national safety and engineering standards is met
- Participates in the final check-out of new installations. This includes factory and site acceptance testing that will assure adherence to functional specifications
- Understands and utilizes Reliability Centered Maintenance methods (development of Work Instructions, support Reliability Engineer and Techs, continuous improvement of equipment performance)
- Understands and utilizes Hydraulic Power Units and systems (able to read/ follow schematics, implement corrective actions, a solid understanding of the theories and good practices)
- Carries out contractor coordination and contract management (writing Scope of Work, General Work Permits, Establishing Lock Out Tagout procedures, Reviewing Job Hazard Analysis, scheduling the work, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience dealing with: mechanical equipment diagnostics, maintenance strategies, project management, and spare parts management preferred.
- Ability to read Layout and Detailed Assembly Drawings, mark up and make corrections as needed.
- Ability to utilize AutoCad, Inventor, or equivalent 3D design software.
- Data analysis experience a plus.
- Industrial Maintenance experience is preferred (hydraulics/pneumatics, cylinders, gearboxes, couplings, material handling, furnaces, piping systems, etc.)
- Must be proficient MS Excel, MS Word and familiar with MS Project.
- Strong understanding of Mechanical Design of equipment.
- Exceptional team working skills.
- Troubleshooting and precision maintenance experience
- Knowledge of Predictive Maintenance disciplines: Vibration Analysis, Thermal Imaging, Oil Analysis, Ultrasonics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to lead effective meetings.
- Knowledge of Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Knowledge of Root cause analysis (RCA).
About Constellium Muscle Shoals, Al
Constellium is a world leader in the development and manufacture of high value-added aluminum products and solutions for a wide range of markets and applications, focusing on aerospace, automotive and packaging. Constellium also has nearly 12,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to minimizing the environmental impact of our operations and improving the life cycle footprint of aluminum throughout the value chain.
In our company, safety is essential, it is one of our core values without compromise. By joining our company, you will discover a multicultural company (over 20 nationalities) which is committed to diversity and the well-being of its employees.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.