United States, Alabama, Muscle Shoals
September 25th, 2023
The Refractory Engineer provides engineering and project/construction management knowledge, focused on Furnace/Caster refractory rebuilds and repairs. This position will seek to optimize performance of molten metal furnaces and associated auxiliary equipment through "best in class" outage planning, field coordination, reporting and project execution.
- Make use of technical skills to assess root cause and resolve equipment failure modes.
- Provides direction in the execution of major capital projects
- Consult with Plant Personnel in pursuit of improvements to process and production equipment
- Supports emergency troubleshooting, repairs, and corrections to the facility and its associated equipment
- Provides and evaluates design modifications to improve facility productivity, quality, process cost, and safety
- Collaborates with internal and external Subject Matter Experts to continuously improve the level of equipment reliability
- Applies knowledge of materials to determine suitability for service and advise on structural integrity, strength, and durability to enhance equipment performance
- Coordinates outage and construction activity with production and maintenance departments
- Plans and supports installation of all process equipment for future modifications and overhauls
- Assists in the preparation of comprehensive capital maintenance and growth projects
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or comparable experience
- Refractory systems experience desirable
- Project/construction management experience preferred
- Knowledge of materials (steel, concrete, asphalt, etc.) as it pertains to facilities and equipment maintenance
- Solid understanding and experience with AutoCAD 2013 or later version
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient with Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project)
- Strong problem solving, judgment, and critical thinking skills
- Aptitude for detailed work requiring a high degree of accuracy
- Good communication, high level of autonomy, collaboration and interpersonal skills are equally important
- Perform, understand and communicate detailed information analysis and evaluation, and have good track record working effectively within a team-based environment
Constellium Muscle Shoals is an aluminum manufacturing plant based in Alabama with over 1,200 employees. With its widest strip mill in the USA and a world-class recycling center, the site represents one of the largest sites within Constellium and is a world-class can recycling center, with the capacity to recycle nearly 20 billion cans per year. Muscle Shoals’ main product is aluminum can sheet for the packaging industry, particularly for beverage containers. It manufactures sheet used in all three components of an aluminum can, namely body stock, coated end stock and tab stock. Additionally, Muscle Shoals’ supplies Auto Body Sheet substrate to Constellium’s Bowling Green, Kentucky, site.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.