S4HANA SAP Basis Expert
Slovakia, Bratislava, Bratislava
September 25th, 2023
Constellium is a global leader developing and manufacturing high value added aluminium products and solutions for a broad scope of markets and applications, focusing on Aerospace, Automotive & Packaging. We design, develop and engineer products / solutions in partnership with our customers. With approximately 12,000 employees worldwide, Constellium operates 28+ manufacturing sites in North America, Europe and China with reported 2022 sales of € 8 billion.
As a global entity we are acutely aware of our role in contributing to a healthier society and environment. We commit to minimize the impact of our operations and improve the footprint of the aluminium life cycle throughout the value chain. In one important step against climate change, we have committed to cut greenhouse gas emissions by 25% in 2025 vs. 2015. We are further committed to an 80% beverage can recycling rate in Europe and to pursue an equally ambitious strategy in the US. Never afraid to shy away from such ambitious undertakings, we underscored such pledges by issuing a "green bond" linked to our recycling capacity and to our CO2 emission reduction targets in 2021. We are proud to be a pioneer in the metals sector.
We are further dedicated to enhancing our levels of diversity and are proud to be ranked on Forbes' inaugural list of the World's Top Female-Friendly Companies. We will continue to build a more diverse and inclusive company, consistent with our 2030 Sustainability Strategy.
Beyond the world of metal, your individual Safety is of the utmost importance to us. Indeed, it is one of our six core values alongside, Collaboration, Respect, Empowerment, Trust & Transparency. We live those values daily. No compromise. If you want to work with an industry leader and are willing to stretch and be stretched, consider a meaningful career here at Constellium where the only limit to success is you.
Constellium’s SAP landscape currently consists out of 5 major SAP systems ranging from v4.7 to ECC6, hosted within an external data center. In addition to those mentioned above ECC systems, Constellium also has SAP FIORI , SAP HANA , SAP IDM , SAP GRC, SAP Solution Manager and Process Orchestration in use.
The system architecture implemented for most systems includes the typical 3 tier environment (DEV, QUA and PRD). All these systems are managed by a strong Constellium IT organization, including the SAP basis team.
The Constellium SAP basis team is supported by a strong external basis team from our support partner, managing all technical aspects for this existing SAP environment.
In addition to this existing SAP landscape, Constellium is starting the migration to S/4 HANA under SAP Private Cloud (RISE). The overall migration project for all systems will last approximately 6 – 7 years and will be finished with the decommissioning of the last ECC environment.
The migration will be executed System by System, so the basis team needs to manage in the coming years the existing ECC landscape and as well the new S/4 HANA landscape under SAP Private Cloud (RISE).
To enable our Constellium basis team to manage both environments, we are looking for an additional SAP Basis expert to support the existing team and the migration to S/4 HANA project.
SAP Basis team ensures continuous availability of SAP system landscape and coordinates all needed basis administration activities with our external support partner and SAP Private Cloud (RISE) support.
The role is focused on conceptual work and coordination with external support partner and SAP Private Cloud (RISE) support. Execution of basis administration activities is mainly performed by external support partner and SAP Private Cloud (RISE) support.
This function liaises closely with:
• SAP support organization for ECC on premise.
• SAP support organization for S/4 HANA 0 on SAP Private Cloud (RISE).
• SAP basis support organization from external support partner.
• SAP application support.
• S/4 HANA implementation Project team.
• Key users to fulfill business requirements.
• Constellium infrastructure teams.
• Constellium Sites IT teams.
• Work closely with the infrastructure team (and its Vendors) for issue escalation and resolution, patch releases and software upgrades, performance tuning and monitoring.
• Assist with the Management of SAP platform and Technical evolution (SAP patch releases and SAP updates/upgrades) with support of hosting provider.
• Provide technical support and advises following requirements related to system operational performance.
• Define technical procedures important for smooth operation of systems and integrations.
• Contribute to definition and maintenance of housekeeping policy.
• Describe and maintain system landscape overview and propose suggestions for landscape optimization.
• Define and maintain batch job library, plan and coordinate batch job optimization activities.
• Specify, maintain and coordinate execution of activities planned in SAP maintenance calendar, while keeping the calendar up to date.
• Communicate system downtime to business users and IT stakeholders following communication process.
• Evaluate periodic EWA reports, plan and coordinate corrective actions to address detected issues.
• Validate the outcomes, scope and effectiveness of system & interface monitoring.
• Serve as technical advisor to solution delivery teams and first level of escalations for unresolved complaints related to the resolution of technical issues.
• Manage day to day relationship with business users, SAP support team members and sites IT teams.
• Propose suggestions for system monitoring, performance optimization, improvements for availability management.
• Very limited ad-hoc travel to all SAP sites (Switzerland, France, Germany, Czech Republic, US) is expected.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in SAP Basis Administration and Run SAP methodology and minimum 3 years of experience in Solution Management in an international IT-environment, within the manufacturing environment is an advantage.
• Participation in 2 or more Upgrade projects including Solution Manager, ECC6.
• Experience in managing relationship with third parties.
• Experience on ITIL processes linked to change & release management.
• Strong communication skills and ability to communicate to business users and IT community.
• Proactive and open minded with experience in working on a matrix environment.
• Influential leadership skills with ability to clearly formulate the requirements.
• Strong coordination skills to monitor, analyze, plan and execute corrective actions related to service delivery in scope, especially for incident, change, problem management as well as for service request management.
• Autonomous and transparent by providing clear and frequent feedback to management and Business (a Team Player)
• Customer focus to make customer service a high priority for himself/herself and the team.
• Must be results oriented and demonstrate a "can-do" attitude - adaptability, flexibility.
• Experience with SAP S/4 HANA.
• Experience with SAP Cloud ALM capabilities.
• Fluency in English is a must, other Languages are beneficial.
• The role is based in Bratislava (Slovakia).