CAPEX Project Engineer - Electical
United States, Alabama, Muscle Shoals
November 10th, 2023
Constellium is a global leader in the development, manufacturing, and recycling of aluminum products and solutions. We design and manufacture advanced alloys and engineered solutions for a range of applications, such as beverage cans, cars, airplanes across three business units: Aerospace and Transportation (A&T), Packaging and Automotive Rolled Products (P&ARP), and Automotive Structures and Industry (AS&I).
With approximately 12,000 employees around the world, we operate 27 manufacturing sites in Europe, North America, and China, and have 3 R&D centers with total revenue portfolio of €6.2 billion in 2021. We are headquartered in Paris, with corporate offices in Baltimore and Zurich. Our story dates back more than a century, but our mission remains the same: to create game-changing aluminum solutions for a circular and sustainable economy and a brilliant new day.
Job Summary: The Electrical Project Engineer will directly manage or assist with managing the end-to-end delivery of a Brownfield Casting project within the Constellium CAPEX project processes. This project will encompass a wide range from safety, quality, infrastructure, capacity, innovation, and equipment improvements. Also, the individual will provide technical support to the day to day and reliability activities. This role reports to Project Engineering Manager.
To be successful in this position, the individual must possess knowledge of electrical process theory combined with team-based organizational management techniques. Individual must think independently while working effectively in a team-based environment with a wide cross section of employees from entry level operators, maintenance technicians, contractors, and up to senior plant management. Previous industrial experience with hands on experience in installing, operating and/or maintaining Large Industrial Machinery is required. Experience in Medium Voltage Equipment is preferred but not mandatory.
- Implement the Engineering activities utilizing the Front-End Loading (FEL) process.
- Develop work scopes ensuring all applicable National and Constellium standards are met and referenced.
- Coordinate contractor bid meetings, respond to RFI’s, perform bid tabulations ensuring bids meet all stated specifications.
- Conduct project risk analysis, risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Track, control and report out costs
- Generate schedules for work packages and integrate into overall project schedule
- Coordinate outage/construction project activity with production and maintenance departments
- Track material deliveries, construction progress and resolve construction/technical issues as they arise.
- Implement Engineering activities during the execution, testing, commissioning, startup and ramp-up production phases
- Participate in the project steering committee meetings organized by the Project Manager
- Oversee and manage the Integrated Team members under his / her responsibility
- Draw up the project “lessons learned” information regarding activities
- Sustain communications (internal and external) throughout the project (activity reports, general information, etc.)
- Ensures compliance with EHS, quality, costs and schedule objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering/maintenance certification and/or experience
- Must have a minimum of 5 + years’ experience in development, execution and start-up of CAPEX projects in a heavy industrial setting
- Experience with Medium and Low voltage equipment including; substations, transformers, breakers, and relays, preferred but not required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must:
- be proficient with Microsoft Office and AutoCad
- understand Medium voltage cables and terminations and be able to inspect them for possible issues that could lead to failure
- understand infrared scans and be able to direct maintenance team members on the proper ways to correct issues found
- understand system loading and power factor correction
- poses an aptitude for detailed work requiring a high degree of accuracy
- poses a high level of autonomy, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- perform, understand, and communicate detailed information analysis and evaluation, and have a good track record working effectively within a team-based environment
- be able to work extended hours during and outage to make sure whole plant comes back online safely and properly
- be able to “dress out” in 40 Cal Arc Suit and Medium Voltage gloves to rack breakers in and out during outages
- be able to perform and understand electrical calculations such as voltage drop, transformer fault current, fuse sizing and coordination, and relay settings
About Constellium Muscle Shoals
Constellium Muscle Shoals is a major aluminum sheet supplier for the packaging and automotive markets. The plant has ~1,200 employees and more than 100 acres under room, including five casting units, hot and cold rolling mills, and a slitting and finishing center. Muscle Shoals produces aluminum sheet for use in all three components of beverage cans (body stock, coated end stock, tab stock) and has the capacity to produce over 1 billion pounds per year of finished aluminum coils. The plant also produces aluminum automotive coils to be processed at our CALP line in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Muscle Shoals’ world-class recycling center is able to recycle the equivalent of 20 billion aluminum cans per year.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.