Internal Controls Manager
United States, Maryland, Baltimore
October 27th, 2023
Constellium is a global leader in the development, manufacturing, and recycling of aluminum products and solutions. We design and manufacture advanced alloys and engineered solutions for a range of applications, such as beverage cans, cars, airplanes across three business units: Aerospace and Transportation (A&T), Packaging and Automotive Rolled Products (P&ARP), and Automotive Structures and Industry (AS&I).
With approximately 12,000 employees around the world, we operate 27 manufacturing sites in Europe, North America, and China, and have 3 R&D centers with total revenue portfolio of €6.2 billion in 2021. We are headquartered in Paris, with corporate offices in Baltimore and Zurich. Our story dates back more than a century, but our mission remains the same: to create game-changing aluminum solutions for a circular and sustainable economy and a brilliant new day.
Reporting to the Group Internal Controls Leader, the Internal Controls Manager is responsible for oversight of the overall Internal Controls framework and requirements at the organization. This role will support the management of internal controls activity in the Group, participate in internal control improvement projects, as well as, train and guide the main stakeholders in internal controls and SOX methodology to ensure proper design and implementation of controls.
- Lead proactive internal controls review to measure the effectiveness of controls of materials processes affecting data on financial statements.
- Develop and implement the system of processes and regulations of the internal control system and functional departments in accordance with the provisions of Sarbanes Oxley Act.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key business stakeholders. Support management in developing robust action plans to address deficiencies, and ensure corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner to effectively address the issues.
- Support and continuously improve our internal controls framework including the SOX program.
- Monitor and track execution of the program, and prepare reports/dashboards for Senior Management and the Audit Committee.
- Provide subject matter expertise on the design and implementation of internal controls across the organization.
- Work with control and process owners to identify business changes that impact controls, ensure any required changes are updated in the documentation, and manage the change process.
- Train and guide the business to embedded controls in the operations, understand risk and use internal controls as a business tool, SOX requirements, 302 Certification and related topics.
- Ensure solid internal controls framework in place for non-SOx reporting units
- Monitor closure of internal controls design or effectiveness remediation plans (SOx and non-SOx reporting units)
- Establish trusted and collaborative relationship with corporate, business units and site teams.
- 8 years + of relevant internal controls experience in an international and SOX regulated multi-cultural environment.
- Willingness to work in a fast changing and demanding environment
- Self-motivated, reliable and follows through on commitments.
- Strong Finance background.
- Previous Big 4 experience in internal controls and/or audit a plus
- Strong leadership and change management skills
- Overall knowledge over all business processes preferred.
- Languages: English (fluent), French a plus but not required
- 50% of travel required (primarily to our manufacturing sites in the USA and EU)
- Team player with excellent communication skills, able to work effectively in project mode. Strong daily collaboration with the BU / reporting unit finance and operational teams.
- Excellent analytical skills and a capacity to work on complex concepts, in a proactive and autonomous way.
- Experience in convincing colleagues from other teams, functions or business units, to understand and follow internal controls and enterprise standard requirements and remediate deviations thereof
- Solid understanding of SOX. IT SOX (IT General Controls) knowledge a plus.
- Experience in writing and maintaining policy, standards, procedure and flowcharts.
- Accreditation as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) a plus
- Experience in Independent Audit, Internal Control (COSO framework), Internal Audit, Risk Management, Audit in compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success in working across organizations at all levels.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and critical-thinking skills; able to identify issues, propose solutions, and implement appropriate changes.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.