Purchasing Intern/ Co-Op
United States, Georgia, White
November 7th, 2023
Job Summary: The Purchasing Intern/ Co-Op will support the Indirect Procurement purchasing for Constellium at the White, Georgia location through the entire Purchase-to-Pay process.
- Support the Purchase-to-Pay end-to-end process
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with supplier contacts in order to ensure that all orders are shipped to the manufacturing facility, within the prescribed delivery times. This may involve telephone conversations, emails, or face-to-face meetings with suppliers
- Ensure that all parts and services are ordered and/or performed in the most economical and efficient manner (e.g. consider minimum order quantities, inventory carrying costs, etc.)
- Utilize problem solving techniques to identify the root cause and develop countermeasures when targets for critical metrics are not met
- Support purchasing, resolve purchasing order discrepancies, perform periodic purchasing data reviews, monitor vendor quality and performance, purchasing audits, and monitor daily purchase order and accounts payable reports
- Address and resolve receiving, invoice, and purchase order issues; audit invoices as requested; support the match exception and vendor add process
- All other duties assigned by supervision and necessary to perform the job
- Business Degree or equivalent preferred
- Supply Chain concentration preferred
- Ability to integrate people, processes or systems as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be computer literate and have experience in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Ability to define and document processes
- Strong decision-making ability and problem-solving skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable as needed
- Strong organization and communication skills are required
About Constellium White, Georgia:
Constellium White, Georgia is a state-of-the-art production facility which produces customized aluminum automotive structures and crash management systems for our OEM customers, and features advanced development and prototyping capabilities. Located at the heart of the automotive industry in metro Atlanta, the plant works closely with our OEM customers and suppliers to ensure our products meet precise performance specifications.
Benefits are the cherry on top of any job and what Constellium has to offer is definitely a treat! Day 1, employees automatically receive an 3% contribution to their 401k. On top of that, if the employee choses to contribute to their 401k, Constellium matches 100% of the first 6%. That money adds up fast! Constellium also offers a hybrid work arrangement, where employees at times are able to work remotely from home! If you miss office parties and socializing with coworkers, Constellium has their own Constellium Cares Committee at each site where they plan activities for employee engagement and community outreach. These are great opportunities to connect with others and do good for our communities! Like free stuff? Employees are given an annual allowance to buy company swag and have the option to submit fitness reimbursements for gym memberships, new workout equipment and more! Are kids in your future? Constellium offers 16 weeks 100% paid maternity leave and 4 weeks 100% paid paternity leave. Constellium will also help cover child care expenses for your children. Also, beginning in 2023 Constellium will be offering a Student Loan Repayment Program, where the Company will pay up to $3,000 per year to help employees tackle student debt. All in all, Constellium is a great place to work, period.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.