United States, Kentucky, Bowling Green
November 13th, 2023
Job Summary: The Automation Engineer will be accountable for all tasks related to automation programs and be the primary interface between all automation suppliers (equipment, MES, etc.) and the team. This role will develop and maintain long-term automation strategies to optimize asset availability.
- Lead all test (design and execution) for FAT and I/O test (Function checklists and performance verification)
- Drive engineering wide efforts for automation frameworks, processes, and practices
- Create and update function libraries, applications, automation scripts and data files (detailed documentation of all changes)
- Drive review and approval of automation plans with the team
- Develop clear understanding of equipment intended function, communicate understanding to project team.
- Be the primary point of contact with the different equipment suppliers; refine needs, challenge solutions, follow up during different project phases from description analysis to testing & commissioning
- Develop clear understanding of architecture for the plant in terms of networks, communication paths, protocols, and address management.
- Assist in training of other team members on automation standards and processes.
- Work closely with business stakeholders such as the EPCM to insure information transparency.
- Verify all automation programs meet technical specifications.
- Refine the interfaces between Level 3 and Level 2
- Debug potential automation issues
- Manage safety PLC (modifications, safety analysis validation)
- Define long term asset availability strategies for automation after commissioning.
- Improve operations and maintenance interface (work stations and HMI)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of technical degree and experience in (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Controls Engineering, Automation or Robotics Engineering) is required
- 5+ Years of experience in dealing with PLC Programming, VFD’s, HMI, Servo, and Controls Networks is required
- Strong Electronics and Controls experience (Siemens S7 Controllers) is preferred
- 2 + Years’ experience within aluminum or steel or heavy process manufacturing operation running 24/7 preferred
- Industrial Maintenance experience is required
Constellium's full-time employees enjoy great benefits that allow them to choose the plans that best fit their needs.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance- effective on the 1st day of employment
- Health savings accounts - Company funded Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account - Company funded
- Company-paid basic life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching contributions
- Employee assistance programs
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Student Loan Repayament Program
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Holidays
About Constellium Bowling Green: Constellium is a global leader in the production and supply of aluminum functional-surface products that are increasingly used for automotive decorative trim. Our bright, matte, or structured surfaces meet the high level of surface quality required for inner and outer automotive applications. Our range of aluminum rolled products includes various surface finishes that contribute to interior and exterior decoration parts, including door and cockpit trims, center console, sill plates, nameplates, pedals, speaker grills, buttons, window trim, and emblems.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. CII program execution, while audit and tracking of the CII deliveries will department.