Process Manager - Hot Rolling
United States, Alabama, Muscle Shoals
November 28th, 2023
Job Summary: The Process Manager will lead the strategy to improve the hot rolling process. They will be responsible to developing and implementing plans to improve productivity, efficiency and quality of the hot mill and ingot prep processes in line with the short and long-term business plans.
- Manages Hot Mill operations to ensure safety standards are maintained while achieving quality, volume, and cost standards consistently in a fast-paced, heavy manufacturing environment
- Provides process and technical leadership for the APU.
- Effectively lead and manage the following positions: Process Specialists/Engineers and Process Automation Engineers to develop equipment and process standards for making quality product.
- Develops and implements projects to meet and exceed customer quality expectations.
- Leads problem solving efforts and continuous improvement activities, including workshops and rapid improvement events related to quality and process efficiency.
- Support product & process development efforts in collaboration with central Quality/Technical team and corporate R&T group.
- Propose and scope capital investment projects in line with strategic goals.
- Use data analytics and statistical process control tools to drive decision making, optimize and manage process capabilities.
- Support implementation and adherence to lean principles.
- Seek and implement best known practice of rolling operation for continued improved performance.
- Develop and implement technical, process and behavioral training programs which support individual and team improvement based on demonstrated performance.
- Accountable for performance management; Mentors and develops team for advancement in operational excellence.
- Directs APU process team to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures.
- Acts as liaison between other APU’s regarding product and process performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or related field with minimum 5 years supervisory experience in Hot Mill or a related area or equivalent work experience of minimum 10 years supervision in fast-paced, heavy manufacturing operations, preferably Hot Mill
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Demonstrated record of continuous improvement and proven leadership ability
- Passionate about safety and engagement of employees
- Proven track record of successfully executing business objectives
- Result orientation, accountability, negotiation, critical thinking, problem solving, project and change management, and team working/building
- Good communication, high level of autonomy, collaboration and interpersonal skills are equally important
- Perform, understand and communicate detailed information analysis and evaluation, and have a good track record working effectively within a team-based environment
- Language fluency in English.
- Ability to work in cross-organizational and multi-functional teams in a matrix organization with manufacturing operations and an international mindset
Constellium Muscle Shoals is an aluminum manufacturing plant based in Alabama with over 1,200 employees. With its widest strip mill in the USA and a world-class recycling center, the site represents one of the largest sites within Constellium and is a world-class can recycling center, with the capacity to recycle nearly 20 billion cans per year. Muscle Shoals’ main product is aluminum can sheet for the packaging industry, particularly for beverage containers. It manufactures sheet used in all three components of an aluminum can, namely body stock, coated end stock and tab stock. Additionally, Muscle Shoals’ supplies Auto Body Sheet substrate to Constellium’s Bowling Green, Kentucky, site.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.