Treasury Back Office Analyst & Accountant
France, Île-de-France, Paris
December 7th, 2023
Constellium is a global leader developing and manufacturing high value added aluminium products and solutions for a broad scope of markets and applications, focusing on Aerospace, Automotive & Packaging. We design, develop and engineer products / solutions in partnership with our customers. With approximately 12,000 employees worldwide, Constellium operates 28+ manufacturing sites in North America, Europe and China with reported 2022 sales of € 8 billion.
As a global entity we are acutely aware of our role in contributing to a healthier society and environment. We commit to minimize the impact of our operations and improve the footprint of the aluminium life cycle throughout the value chain. In one important step against climate change, we have committed to cut greenhouse gas emissions by 25% in 2025 vs. 2015. We are further committed to an 80% beverage can recycling rate in Europe and to pursue an equally ambitious strategy in the US. Never afraid to shy away from such ambitious undertakings, we underscored such pledges by issuing a "green bond" linked to our recycling capacity and to our CO2 emission reduction targets in 2021. We are proud to be a pioneer in the metals sector.
We are further dedicated to enhancing our levels of diversity and are proud to be ranked on Forbes' inaugural list of the World's Top Female-Friendly Companies. We will continue to build a more diverse and inclusive company, consistent with our 2030 Sustainability Strategy.
Beyond the world of metal, your individual Safety is of the utmost importance to us. Indeed, it is one of our six core values alongside, Collaboration, Respect, Empowerment, Trust & Transparency. We live those values daily. No compromise. If you want to work with an industry leader and are willing to stretch and be stretched, consider a meaningful career here at Constellium where the only limit to success is you.
The Position has a dual reporting line within the Group Treasury department and the Finance department of Constellium French Holdings. It is based in in Paris, France.
The Group Treasury department consists of approx. 10 professionals and is responsible for all treasury activities globally, especially managing cash and liquidity of the Constellium group, managing banking relationships, negotiating and managing all external debt, managing and hedging commodities and FX risks, initiating or overseeing various corporate finance transactions.
The Constellium French Holdings’ accounting department consists of approx. 7 professionals and is responsible for all accounting, reporting, compliance, planning and budgeting activities for the French corporate entities of Constellium. These entity covers some corporate functions, including FX risks and cash pooling activities of the group.
The role is the main link between Group Treasury and the Finance team of Constellium French Holdings, and is primarily responsible for back office, analysis and accounting tasks for treasury operations conducted by Constellium French holdings.
Reporting jointly to the Treasury Middle Office Manager and the Finance Manager of Constellium French Holdings, it is a high visibility role which contributes to making sure that treasury controls and SOX compliance are maintained at all time, accounting and reporting for significant treasury operations are done timely and accurately and high-quality treasury figures are delivered for management decision purposes.
Main Treasury Back-Office tasks:
• Perform daily back-office tasks in relation to the Group treasury department activities.
• Perform daily reconciliation of treasury bank accounts (approx. 10 accounts).
• Monitor the automated FX deals matching and confirmation process.
• Reconcile settlement instructions from FX deals brokers.
• Prepare payments issued by Group treasury for FX deals.
• Perform some fixing, market data checks and analyses.
• Perform the manual and/or automated invoicing of some internal deals and fees invoiced by Group treasury, perform and/or check related calculations, accounting postings and accounts reconciliation.
• Perform and/or review SOX controls as allocated by the Head of Treasury Control.
• Support internal and external audit processes.
• Act as a back up of the Treasury Back-Office Analyst & Accountant responsible for Constellium Switzerland transactions.
Main Accounting tasks:
• Booking of daily transactions for all related bank accounts of Constellium French Holdings (including cash pooling, netting transactions and financing transactions) and preparation of bank reconciliations.
• Preparation and monitoring of weekly payments (SAP and manual) for Constellium French Holdings.
• Preparation and monitoring of weekly direct cash forecast sent to Treasury Team for all French Holdings and monthly reconciliation between indirect and direct cash forecast.
• In charge of monthly accounting close for cash and banks, including revaluation of accounts, bank reconciliations, reconciliation of cash pooled accounts, SOX controls for Cash and Fi and Hedging process.
• Overall responsibility of cash and financing process for Constellium French Holdings, including maintenance of bank account signatories, follow-up of annual bank external confirmations, etc.
• Education in accounting, business administration or in a related field, minimum Bachelor degree.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant working experience in a multinational organisation.
• Good accounting skills with operational experience in a multinational environment (IFRS/US gaap + French Gaap).
• Good understanding of treasury processes, treasury controls, treasury accounting, preferably previous experience in treasury back office and with processes improvement.
• Result oriented and process driven.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Accountability, strong analytical skills, strong detail oriented and problem solving mentality.
• Ability to work and communicate in cross-organizational and multi-functional teams in a global matrix organization with manufacturing operations and an international mind-set.
• Excellent user knowledge of Microsoft office applications, knowledge of treasury (Openlink), accounting (SAP) and reporting systems (HFM).
• Language fluency in English and French.
• Corporate offices - Paris, France. Hybrid working possible.