Environmental Health & Safety Internship
United States, Michigan, Canton, Michigan
January 8th, 2024
Job Summary: The role of the EHS Co-op/Intern is to assist with the maintaining and training of Constellium’s operating systems as they relate to the health and safety of the personnel, as well as the environment. The candidate will have the opportunity to improve our ISO 14001:2015 certified environmental program as well as help to achieve and maintain ISO 45001 management system. This position will require the candidate to conduct training to our EHS procedures, and writing procedures that fit within our processes. The major project that the candidate will have the opportunity to lead will be to manage the design, selection, ordering, and installation of many ergonomic tools such as lift and tilt tables to assist our operators and lower the risk of injury. The candidate will also assist the EHS team and plant management to accomplish tasks aimed to mitigate risks on the production floor. The candidate must be able to be on their feet while wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment for long periods of time if needed to perform audits and training. This position will be very fast paced and there is a plethora of knowledge and experience to be gained. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with experienced Health, Safety, and Environmental professionals within the facility of a cutting-edge automotive Tier 1 manufacturing plant.
- Support the internal and external EMS / EHS audits and the various EHS tours, inspections and assessments.
- Collect/analyze and assess trend data to identify issues and opportunities for EHS continuous improvement.
- Develop and deliver training in EHS issues to relevant Constellium employees, including environmental tasks and procedures.
- Assist with closing 8Ds (problem solving) and corrective and preventative actions.
- Ensure open items such as the Contained Hazards and EHS internal audit action items are closed out or in progress.
- Implement sustainable recycling programs
- Support department initiatives as needed
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Candidate should be able to work autonomously after given tasks with sufficient instruction.
- To be successful, the candidate should have good organizational skills and be able to assess priorities as they are given.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Excel experience is a must
- Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and in a team setting
Constellium delivers complete aluminum solutions built on our engineering and design expertise, including crash management systems, other safety components such as side impact beams and front ends, cockpit carriers, and body-in-white structural components.
With our lightweight aluminum vehicle solutions, we can reduce vehicle mass, while improving safety, comfort and performance. Going well beyond light weighting, Constellium’s worldwide value proposition has key strengths that include customer-centered engineering and testing capabilities, a reputation for high quality, and cost-effective manufacturing skills for mass production. Constellium automotive structures business unit has a truly international scope, with plants located in Germany, the US and China.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law