Procurement Performance Manager
January 5th, 2024
Constellium is a global leader designing and manufacturing innovative and high value-added aluminum products and solutions for a broad range of applications dedicated primarily to aerospace, automotive and packaging markets.
Constellium operates more than 20 manufacturing sites in Europe, North & Central America and China. C-TEC, the company’s Technology Center located in Voreppe (France), and its new hub in Plymouth (USA), is at the origin of many advanced aluminum alloys and solutions.
Through our 3 business units (BUs) - Aerospace & Transportation (A&T), Packaging & Automotive Rolled Products (P&ARP), and Automotive Structures & Industry (AS&I) - Constellium anticipates and responds to the fast-evolving market needs.
The Group is headquartered in Paris (France), with corporate offices in Baltimore (USA) and Zurich (Switzerland).
In 2022, Constellium reported a Revenue of €8.1bn and an Adjusted EBITDA of €673m. Constellium employs over 12,000 employees worldwide.
Constellium is a publicly-traded company listed on the NYSE (NASDAQ Index).
Our Corporate Indirect Purchasing team is growing and we are looking for a Procurement Performance Manager to reinforce the team and to achieve all our ambitious growth objectives.
The Procurement Performance Manager is the main owner of all Indirect Procurement Information used to perform and monitor Indirect Procurement operations and targets achievement. This is a new role with a responsibility to develop a Performance Management system for Indirect Procurement in order to provide simple but extensive information to the Indirect Procurement Community and BU/Site Management in close alignment with Finance and other relevant Corporate functions (e.g., sustainability, internal audit, quality…)
1) Management of Indirect Procurement performance along the same definitions, rules, and processes across the Group with the aim to provide insightful consolidated information for understanding and decision and compare/align performance across procurement categories and sites:
- Identify and mobilize key stakeholders within the indirect procurement organization and beyond in reference to procurement performance.
- Analyze current situation and define KPIs to monitor all dimensions of procurement performance (throughput vs. output KPIs, financial vs. non-financial KPIs, inflation…), and related business rules.
- Develop/Implement requested data sources and automations to update KPIs. This includes the identification of all relevant inflation / market indices.
- Coordinate indirect procurement budget preparation, validation and tracking in close connection with Finance at site and Corporate level.
- Support Category Managers and Category Buyers in developing best suited operational performance indicators for their scope of work to be used across the Group.
2) Management of Indirect Procurement methods, processes, and tools with the aim to progressively align processes and ways of working across the Group and deploy consistent tools (for this activity he/she manages directly the responsible person for methods, processes and tools and indirectly the plants’ Business Analysts):
- Consolidate all information in relation to methods, processes and tools used to perform Indirect Procurement operations.
- Lead methods and processes harmonization across the Group with a close involvement of Site Procurement Managers and teams.
- Lead tool roadmap deployment, validation, and implementation.
- Supervise day to day progress of direct and indirect reports on the matter.
3) Management of Indirect Procurement communication inside and outside of the department with the aim to build a unique and common way to monitor performance and progress across the Group:
- Define and structure Indirect Procurement performance reports and documents along established Governance and meetings.
- Organize reports and documents preparation including KPIs updates and related analyses and findings.
- Actively support the Indirect Procurement Director in the presentation of procurement performance.
4) Support Indirect Procurement Director in all activities related to Indirect Procurement Performance (from Strategy to Execution).
5) Proactively contribute to improve Constellium’s Indirect Procurement processes, organizations, tools, and skills.
- 7 to 10 of experience in Procurement, of which at least 3 years in Procurement Performance, for large and international companies.
- Successful experience(s) in driving change in complex and decentralized organization (not just maintaining the current status).
- Deep knowledge of Procurement and Procurement Performance concepts (financials and non-financials).
- Strong conceptual skills to understand complex existing environments, identify gaps, define target models / patterns and organize progress pathway.
- Ability to understand and build data models out of existing data sources (ERPs, external sources…).
- Strong analytical skills, including proficiency in MS Excel.
- Strong messaging and storytelling skills to put raw information and data in perspective and support decision / call for action by stakeholders.
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills, including proficiency in MS Power Point.
- Demonstrated ability to lead by influence, at all levels across business, a diverse multi-cultural team, in multiple functions.
- Demonstrated ability in change management, performance management, team building and resource planning and management.
- Openness and self-confidence.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor (Master preferred) in Business or engineering from a Tier 1 university
- Language fluency in English, advantage if French and/or German speaker
This role includes around 40% of travel time in Europe and North America
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.