United States, Michigan, Plymouth
January 22nd, 2024
The Account Manager is the primary commercial liaison with the Procurement and Program Teams within the OEM or (TIER 2) Module supplier. The Account Manager maintains current programs from a commercial point of view and generates new business acquisition opportunities.
• Provide quotations, price and cost breakdowns to the customer in a timely manner.
• Lead negotiations on all commercial issues (pricing, tooling, productivity etc.).
• Ensures compliance by obtaining purchase orders and tooling orders at current design level after award or design change authorization.
- Acts as Quotation Manager on New Business Acquisitions.
- Leads RFQ process by initiating internal RFQs including kick off meeting with all functional areas and associated follow up until quote submission (internal and customer driven changes).
- Keeps the customer and Constellium appraised of all business related issues.
- Identify and/or solve commercial issues (i.e. Past Due Receivables, Revenue Recognition, and Commercial Recovery). Support Accounts Receivable in overdue invoice collection
• Ensures overall customer satisfaction through score card management.
• Maintain regular contact with customer, Purchasing and Engineering.
• Maintain historical records including piece price, tooling, ED&T for New Business Quotations, Current Production Programs and all design changes throughout life of program.
• Provide forecasting and marketing input for assigned product lines in support of Budget, 5 YP and S&OP (Sales and Operations Plan)
• Lead invoice/payment of customer reimbursed tooling upon PPAP submission with Program Manager to ensure prompt payment.
• Support all customer systems as required, but not limited to (CPV2, Volume Variance, Critical Capacity Requirements, WIPS, CNA, EWO, WERS, FSN, GM Supply Power, EBSC, SIMS, Creativity Team Bid List, Covisint applications, etc.).
• Develop strong customer relationships.
• Maintain Customer Relations Management database.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Support SOX control requirements and gather supporting documentation
• POs validated and updated per contracts
- Update internal bump charts on a monthly/quarterly basis based on latest metal rate and customers contracts. Update customer purchase orders & verify accuracy to our internal bump charts.
- Maintain Plex data in relation to accounts managed: Customer set-up, price update, entering spot orders for prototype or service, etc.
- Support internal & extremal audits as necessary
• Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering (MBA preferred).
• Minimum 3 to 5 years of professional automotive experience.
• Knowledge and/or experience in account management, program management, engineering or cost estimating.
• Strong communication skills (oral and written).
• Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
About Constellium Van Buren
Constellium Van Buren is a state-of-the-art production facility which produces customized aluminum automotive structures and crash management systems for our OEM customers and features advanced development and prototyping capabilities. Located at the heart of the automotive industry in metro Detroit, the plant works closely with our OEM customers and suppliers to ensure our products meet precise performance specifications.
Benefits are the cherry on top of any job and what Constellium has to offer is definitely a treat! Day 1, employees automatically receive an 3% contribution to their 401k. On top of that, if the employee choses to contribute to their 401k, Constellium matches 100% of the first 6%. That money adds up fast! Constellium also offers a hybrid work arrangement, where employees at times are able to work remotely from home! If you miss office parties and socializing with coworkers, Constellium has their own Constellium Cares Committee at each site where they plan activities for employee engagement and community outreach. These are great opportunities to connect with others and do good for our communities! Like free stuff? Employees are given an annual allowance to buy company swag and have the option to submit fitness reimbursements for gym memberships, new workout equipment and more! Are kids in your future? Constellium offers 16 weeks 100% paid maternity leave and 4 weeks 100% paid paternity leave. Constellium will also help cover child care expenses for your children. Also, beginning in 2023 Constellium will be offering a Student Loan Repayment Program, where the Company will pay up to $3,000 per year to help employees tackle student debt. All in all, Constellium is a great place to work, period.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.