Metal Purchasing Analyst
United States, Alabama, Muscle Shoals
February 1st, 2024
The Metal Purchasing Analyst is responsible for the creation and analysis of metal position reporting. Provides advice on factors contributing to metal flow impacts inclusive of volume and cost. Provides support to Metal Buyers inclusive of demand and inventory targets. Performs reconciliations on various metal flows.
General Key Accountabilities
• Gathers, reviews, and analyzes data necessary to create accurate summaries for Metal Purchasing, including cost information and purchased positions.
• Work closely with various departments to resolve issues and review demand, cost, and inventory impacts, thus improving departmental operating efficiency.
• Identifies variances to metal cost and/or physical metal flows, analyzes, and communicates the root cause of those variances to appropriate management including recommendations.
Specific Key Accountabilities
• Support Metal Purchasing in the development of reconciliations and position reporting
• Work with Supply Chain group on analyzing demand fluctuations and impacts to purchased positions for various materials
• Support Metal Buyers in communication regarding demand and inventory targets
• Communicate and work with external parties (metal suppliers) to ensure efficiency and accuracy of day-to-day operations
• Continually identify, evaluate, recommend, and implement operations processes in order to streamline information flows
• Develop reporting tools and presentations to accurately summarize and report metal flows, valuations, and purchase positions
• Analyze fact-based performance metrics and data, understand, and apply the numbers while explaining and addressing discrepancies
• Ensure that proper internal controls are maintained and documented to support SOX compliance activities for metal purchasing
• Establish and complete action plans as required to meet Company's established objectives.
• Actively participate in continuous improvement activities to improve Company processes and products
• Other duties as assigned by the Metal Flow Manager
Leadership competencies, technical skills requirement
• Candidates should have the ability to work effectively to meet deadlines, multi-task, and perform in a team-oriented environment
• Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field preferred
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
• Experience and adaptability to working a growing environment
• Requires effective written and oral communication skills sufficient to communicate with all levels of the organization
• Requires respectfulness and professionalism with both internal and external parties
• Well-developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency with Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint with strong focus on spreadsheet applications
• Experience with SAP preferred
• Minimal physical effort is required
• Must be willing to work overtime when needed