United States, Alabama, Muscle Shoals
February 1st, 2024
As part of a two-person costing team, the Cost Analyst plays an integral role on the finance team, working through complex issues and projects independently as well as collaboratively with other finance and cross-functional team members. The successful candidate will be able to work and communicate effectively in a team environment interacting with all levels of our organization, sales team members, and senior management. The Cost Analyst will serve as a finance business partner for multiple plant APUs, developing product costing for future business for can sheet and automotive (ABS) products, as well as analyzing and reporting on cost savings initiatives and support for savings generated by capital projects as needed.
- Costing analysis including generating (OAR) Offer Approval Requests forms, estimates for new products and product development changes. Analyze process/product changes for effects on costs.
- Maintain and improve RFQ (Request for Quote) process, updating costing and technical assumptions from Bowling Green and Muscle Shoals teams.
- Maintain and improve accuracy of the combined costing model for Muscle Shoals/Bowling Green model for ABS products by ensuring updates for new products, new operations, new alloys, and coatings or new treatments occur on a timely basis.
- Analyzes cost-saving initiatives and communicates results to management.
- Works on cross-functional teams to prepare business cases for capital projects.
- Ensures that Finance and other departments get costing inputs in a timely manner e.g. Forecasted performance per equipment, P&L by product, metal assumptions, among others as part of the forecasting and budgeting process
- Works closely with the Financial Planning & Analysis teams at Muscle Shoals and Bowling Green to ensure consistency in respective reporting with regard to current budget assumptions, profitability and current production KPIs.
- Participates in Operations daily meetings as deemed necessary.
- Works collaboratively as a member of the costing team to insure robustness of the department and its processes through cross-training.
- Other duties as assigned by the CFO.
- Degree in Accounting / Finance with 5+ years of manufacturing costing experience preferably in the metals industry, ideally in the aluminum business. Specialization in Cost Accounting or CMA is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills including advanced MS Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables, V-Lookups, data merges, filters, and if statements).
- Strong financial and production costing experience with exposure to developing standards, time studies, working with industrial engineering, etc.
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines, multi-task, and perform in a team-oriented environment. Experience with working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand operational processes and analyze financial impact at each stage of the process. Working knowledge of manufacturing process flows.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with a variety of other functional areas including operations, supply chain, and maintenance teams as well as all levels of the organization
- Experience with cross-functional collaboration outside of Finance (Sales/Operations/etc.).
- Experience with SAP.
- Proficient with all MS Office.
- Well- developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Constellium Muscle Shoals is an aluminum manufacturing plant based in Alabama with over 1,300 employees. With its widest strip mill in the USA and a world-class recycling center, the site represents one of the largest sites within Constellium and is a world-class can recycling center, with the capacity to recycle nearly 20 billion cans per year. Muscle Shoals’ main product is aluminum can sheet for the packaging industry, particularly for beverage containers. It manufactures sheet used in all three components of an aluminum can, namely body stock, coated end stock and tab stock. Additionally, Muscle Shoals’ supplies Auto Body Sheet substrate to Constellium’s Bowling Green, Kentucky, site.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.