Constellium Ussel is located in Corrèze, France. Constellium Ussel is a sand casthouse for complex aluminium parts cast from chemical bounded sand. It produces mainly for Aerospace Industries. The plant pours alloy parts using gravity or low pressure furnaces. The plant has 250 permanent employees.
Type : Plant
Constellium Ussel SAS
ZI La Petite Borde
19 200 Ussel Cedex
Tel: +33 (0)5 55 46 55 46
NADCAP NDT, HEAT TREATMENT, WELDING
Aluminum alloy parts: accessory gear boxes, oil tanks, passenger doors, door hinges, air intakes, engines casings, structural parts, pump casings, missile body, suspension boxes, diverging nozzle casings.
Ussel plant’s manufacturing capabilities
- Coring equipments using synthetic sands. Casting Production from very small castings to very large ones (more than 3,5 meters). One 3D sand printing machine.
- 6 molding areas using self-curing synthetic sands. 2 installations for pouring by low pressure.
- Equipments for sandblasting and steel-shot blasting
- Heat treatment: 3 furnaces for solution (vertical quench), 3 furnaces for aging.
- Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection: 3 installations
- X-rays: 6 installations whose 2 digital x-rays
- Dimensional: 1 Faro arm and 1 3D scanning equipment