Technical Customer Service Metallurgy Engineer F/H/X - Talent pool German/English
France, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, Voreppe
September 2nd, 2022
Technical Customer Service Metallurgy Engineer – Talent pool
Position based in Singen (Germany)
Constellium is a world leader in the development of innovative and high value-added semi-finished products and aluminum solutions. Our main markets are aerospace, automotive and packaging.
This strong position has been maintained thanks to a long-term commitment to the development of improved performance semi-products and solutions. Constellium Technology Center, C-TEC, is at the heart of the R&D programs deployed by Constellium to maintain and further develop the competitive advantages of aluminium-based solutions.
In the context of Constellium’s market growths in automotive and packaging, Constellium C-TEC jointly with the Singen plant, are recruiting competent and motivated engineer to be trained on products and processes. Final objective is to be transferred within 18 to 24 months to the Singen team as Technical Customer Service Manager.
Your main responsibilities:
- The primary responsibilities of a Materials & Process Talent Pool engineer in C-TEC are the execution of R&D and industrialization projects on rolling, heat treatment and alloy development processes development under the supervision of senior engineers in direct relation with the Singen plant development and sales teams.
- The objective is to develop a comprehensive knowledge of all the aspects of Singen plant processes and alloy development processes through participation to the ongoing R&D projects. This training period will include close cooperation with plant stakeholders and/or customers.
Once transferred to Singen, main tasks will be:
- Main customer contact on all technical / quality related topics
- Advise customers in choosing best alloys, products and support customer during qualification process
- Understand customers’ production process
- Development of new specifications and technical datasheet based on customer requirements and production capabilities. Definition and follow up of qualification process with customers
- Work on continuous improvement actions with customers
- Preparation and coordination of customer visits and audits
- Support development of new products on the different segments
- Technical coordination of complex projects with involvement of internal and external partners
A first degree or engineering qualification in physical science (e.g. metallurgy, materials science, physics, chemical or process engineering) is necessary. Applications direct from a masters-level degree or PhD are welcome.
2 years of experience in a metallurgy/ materials science environment with customer interactions would be a plus.
In addition, the candidate should demonstrate competencies in R&D (experimental methods, data analysis, and experiment design). Hands-on experience of key experimental techniques, for example metal processing is highly desirable.
Ability to manage relationship with international customers and internal departments is required in order to visit customers regularly.
You have the ability to hands-on shop floor experiments coupled with engineer skills for analysis and interpretation.
Good communication, you like to work in a team and to share the good practices with the collaborators. Autonomy in the execution of your activities is a plus.
Fluent German and English is mandatory. Spoken French would be a plus.
You will be required to travel to various Constellium plants during the training period depending on the projects you are assigned and in the final role at Singen, to visit regularly customers.