Process Quality Engineer - Plate
United States, West Virginia, Ravenswood
September 9th, 2022
Constellium is a global sector leader that develops innovative, value-added aluminum products for a broad scope of markets and applications, focusing in particular on aerospace, automotive and packaging.
- The Plate Process & Quality Engineer position in the plate department owns the plate process in order to optimize performance, maximize material recovery, eliminate process waste and improve productivity & conversion costs through metallurgical solutions, focused improvement projects and process control. This position also maintains the quality systems requirement for plate path and customer quality satisfaction.
- Maintain and improve plate processing practices to improve product capability & performance, process effeciency and material recovery.
- Provide Technical expertise & support to daily activities of plate department
- Maintain all appropriate technical practices, customer & special process specifications and formal reports.
- Lead or participate in the investigation, data analysis and implementation of solutions to complex problems involving multiple production centers and technical aspects
- Envision opportunities for process improvement and act on those ideas through equipment modification, process improvement, material changes, etc.
- Maintain the quality systems requirement for the Plate department (internal audits, NADCAP audits, equipment calibration, CAR, PFMEA, external audits, etc.)
- Maintain and improve NDT processes to enhance performance, process efficiency and material recovery.
- Ensure full Compliance to NADCAP, Society and Customer specifications for NDT.
- Ensure customer quality satisfaction by managing customer claims and CAR
- Benchmark within the Industry and sister facilities to ensure site maintains processes in compliance to customer needs and at best practice levels.
- Bachelors of Science in Metallurgy/Materials Science/Engineering
- NDT/UT level III certification preferred
- 3 years’ experience in Manufacturing preferably in Aluminum industry is desired
- Teamwork & Mutual Trust
- Entrepreneurship & Decisiveness
- Sense of Urgency & Decentralized Decision making
- Responsibility & Accountability
- Rigor & Discipline
- Transparency & Highest Standards of Ethics
The Ravenswood operation is 24/7, there is an expectation of off-shift work from time to time as required by production or projects priorities.
It is expected that 40% of the time will be spent on the floor observing, auditing, and communicating to crews. About 30% of the time will be spent collecting and analysing data. The remaining time shall be spent in meetings, communicating, and reporting.
- Plate Technical Manager
- APU Lean Manager
- APU Managers
- Central quality
- Reliability Engineer
- Process development metallurgists
- Reliability Managers
- NADCAP auditors & staff engineers
- Constellium research center & sister facilities
- Outside labs
- Result-oriented with a data-driven, structured approach to root cause analysis and problem-solving
- Effective in working in a team environment as well as working with aggressive individual goals
- Capable of interacting and leading across multiple areas and levels of the organization.
- Leading cross-functional teams for process management and improvements
- Routine communication to management and to the shop floor about the progress of KPIs and the countermeasures in place to reach targets
- Ability to quickly evaluate situations and make timely decisions regarding operating priorities, material disposition, corrective actions, containment requirements, and communication strategy.
- Frequently deals with issues that are complex with no definitive "best practice" and multiple departments and various levels of management are needed to resolve
- Works most in collaborative problem solving with unit teams
- Authority to release tested material from the laboratory or from quality hold based on evaluation criteria
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.