United States, Alabama, Muscle Shoals
November 21st, 2022
The Corporate Indirect Purchasing Team is mainly responsible for leading policy and developing a strategy to deliver year-over-year savings utilizing a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) approach on the global category “Transportation”, “Mobile equipment” & P2P optimization. This position will be responsible for working across the business units of Constellium to find and identify areas of leverage and to integrate into the short and long-term business unit strategies, develop global commodity sourcing strategies, and lead implementation of those strategies (Category is defined as all tangible and intangible elements of any product, service, relationship or other category which Constellium utilizes in its business).
- Leading supplier selection and negotiation across multiple regions and businesses by working with business segment, site, and supply chain leadership
- Managing key supplier relationships
- Managing and ensuring the management and tracking of internal implementation and contract compliance
- Identifying and implementing total cost of ownership reduction opportunities including Cost of Quality Improvements
- Monitoring supplier performance and understanding the drivers of specific supplier performance issues
- Leading corrective action procedures and supplier improvement efforts when necessary
- Identifying and leading implementation of best sourcing practices across all business units
- Resolving and overseeing chronic service and operational issues internally and externally as needed by the businesses
- Developing a commodity roadmap or strategic plan for the next 3 to 5 years
- Support the deployment of spend analytics tools and e-procurement
- Monitors and communicates information to business unit leaders in regard to Family Medical Leave, extended absences, as needed.
- Assists with additional HR projects as needed.
Leadership competencies, technical skills requirement:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or related field. Master’s in Business preferred
- Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) and other professional certifications are preferred
- 5 to 7 years manager experience in working with global suppliers as well as leading a diverse cross-cultural team to drive common goals
- Experience primarily in specified commodities with experience in supply management.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to work effectively with all organizational levels required
- Language fluency in English, advantage if French and/or German speaker
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence a diverse multi-cultural team, including working with and influencing multiple functions, e. g. engineering
- Demonstrated ability in influencing management at all levels across business
- Proficient in negotiation, contract management, financial forecasting, managing work and meeting leadership across multiple countries
- Fully competent in strategic sourcing; contracts management; logistics;
e-commerce/information technology; TCO/design-to-cost; presentation skills; communication skills; project management; value-based decision analysis; process design and improvement; an understanding of emerging markets and their potential in the specific commodity managed; consensus building and managing work and meeting leadership
- Demonstrates developing abilities in change management, performance management, team building and resource planning and management
- Competent in never accepting limits and pushing for improvement externally and internally
- Fully competent in optimizing own capacity; demonstrating openness and self-confidence; managing interactions with others; building value-based relationships; exerting personal influence; driving customer-based business strategies; understanding the system; accepting and building accountability; and using judgment and common sense
- Demonstrates developing abilities in creating winning customer strategies; thinking systemically; building organizational capability; achieving greater results; enhancing and sustaining the performance of others
- Strong analytical skills are desired, including proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Must be proficient in financial analysis, including variance reporting, currency risk and bid evaluation
- Strong experience in global negotiation and contract management
- Should understand different cultures and their working styles and be able to manage cross-cultural teams well
- Should have a developed understanding of the manufacturing (or service) technology involved in the commodity managed
- Should understand the raw material markets that are used by the commodity as well as experience, if applicable
- Accustomed to frequent travel.