Maintenance Manager - Element 13
United States, Alabama, Muscle Shoals
April 26th, 2023
The Maintenance Manager responds to and creates solutions for mechanical, personnel or quality problems, which produces a continuous and steady flow of metal through the process at Element 13.
- Provides direction of the daily activities to the workforce
- Maintain a safe work environment, free of harassment adhering to 5S standards and all safety procedures
- Coach and counsel employees on standard operating practices and “best practices” for increased performance
- Coordinate and evaluate the training of new employees in their job requirements
- Monitor product quality to ensure customer specifications are being met or exceeded
- Work in conjunction with other departments to ensure production schedule is met
- Coordinate all necessary repairs with the maintenance department to maintain operations.
- Schedule work as necessary to meet production schedule
- Implement Labor Agreement, corporate policies, and good housekeeping standards
Leadership competencies, technical skills requirement
- High school education or equivalent; B.S. in Business/Management or Engineering field
- 2-4 years related experience utilizing leadership skills in a high production environment in a supervisory (preferably in an industrial environment; metal rolling/slitting manufacturing facility)
- Possess good organizational skills, effective oral and written communication, strong interpersonal skills, and efficient presentation skills
- The ability to work overtime, weekends, and shift work as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and basic computer skills
- Ability to take initiative, proved leadership, meet deadlines, and work in a team environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.