United States, Alabama, Muscle Shoals
February 23rd, 2023
Job Summary: The HSS Coordinator participates in the effort of establishing and maintaining a safe and healthful environment and culture for contractors, employees, customers, visitors, and other community stakeholders to Constellium-Muscle Shoals site. Recommends, develops, and implements appropriate programs and activities that enhance the safety and health of employees, and contractors, as well as minimizes Constellium’s exposure to loss. Conducts routine environmental health, safety, and hazard inspections. Analyzes accident and incident reports for trends; makes recommendations for correcting unsafe conditions and actions. Provide support within assigned area(s) for health, safety, environment, security, fire, and sustainability policies, practices, and initiatives.
- Aid with development and implementation of specific safety policies and programs.
- Audit/Investigations: inspect and tour facilities to detect actual or potential hazards and recommend appropriate corrective action to eliminate or reduce the hazards.
- Facilitates investigations and analyzes incidents to identify trends in people safety information. Initiates corrective and preventative action plans, and communicates findings as appropriate.
- Drive continuous improvement through utilization of EHS program elements such as Leadership Safety Tours, Near Miss Program, 8D Incident Investigation, EHS Dialogues, and other risk reduction programs or site systems.
- Establishes and improves EHS programs by applying knowledge of current or future policies and regulations.
- Effectively researches and benchmarks EHS regulations and best practices and recommend programs, and systems to improve performance.
- Prioritizes work to ensure tasks are completed within time constraints.
- Manage new hire safety orientation program and provide ongoing job-specific training
- Compiles, analyzes and interprets statistical data related to near-miss, incidents, injuries, and illnesses
- Record and manage site safety documentation and provide necessary reports
- Compile materials for safety meetings, prepare agendas, and record meeting minutes
- Assists HSS Director with developing and submitting regulatory compliance reports or response letters
- Orders, issues, and maintains inventory of safety equipment
- Manages HSS data collection and data entry through various systems, including SAP, LMS, SharePoint and Amazon
- Act as primary contact for document controls systems (i.e. ETQ, LMS)
- Perform contractor EHS reviews through OpenText system, and contractor site orientation through TrainTraxx
- B.S. in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science, Engineering, or related field is preferred. However, non-degreed candidates will be considered if they have an equivalent amount of professional experience.
- 1 to 3 years of experience supporting Health, Safety, and Security programs
- Experience working in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to organize and/or conduct training
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, evaluate, and recommend controls of workplace hazards and risk
- Ability to interact with and influence labor force and related field activities in enforcement of safety codes and behavior-based safety processes.
- Ability to schedule and balance time with minimal daily direction.
- Shows the initiative/self-drive needed to seek out and manage company risks.
- Good communication, high level of autonomy, collaboration and interpersonal skills are equally important.
- Perform, understand and communicate detailed information analysis and evaluation, and have a good track record working effectively within a team-based environment
- Ability to work in cross-organizational and multi-functional teams.
- Proficiency in computer programs / software such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, Power Point, SAP, SharePoint and Learning Management System.
Constellium Muscle Shoals is an aluminum manufacturing plant based in Alabama with over 1,200 employees. With its widest strip mill in the USA and a world-class recycling center, the site represents one of the largest sites within Constellium and is a world-class can recycling center, with the capacity to recycle nearly 20 billion cans per year. Muscle Shoals’ main product is aluminum can sheet for the packaging industry, particularly for beverage containers. It manufactures sheet used in all three components of an aluminum can, namely body stock, coated end stock and tab stock. Additionally, Muscle Shoals’ supplies Auto Body Sheet substrate to Constellium’s Bowling Green, Kentucky, site.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.