Production Shift Supervisor - Hot Line
United States, West Virginia, Ravenswood
February 22nd, 2023
Constellium is a global sector leader that develops innovative, value-added aluminum products for a broad scope of markets and applications, focusing in particular on aerospace, automotive and packaging.
Provide direct supervision of a unionized workforce in the assigned area / department in a way that supports Constellium Corporate and Ravenswood local facility goals and objectives.
The shift supervisor must provide the necessary leadership to manage all aspects of a shift. This position is responsible for coordinating safety, quality, productivity and continuous improvement for their assigned crew. The jobholder must be able to effectively manage the union workforce within the boundaries of the collective bargaining agreement.
The jobholder must have working knowledge of customer requirements covering a large variety of products including aluminum plate and coil products that support the Aerospace, Defense, and Transportation markets. The position also requires prior experience in an organized labor atmosphere.
The supervisor must have conflict resolution skills in order to provide the leadership necessary to identify and resolve problems. They must be willing and able to act independently and lead the effort to determine root cause and implement corrective actions, as required.
Responsible for the production crew in their assigned department.
Achieve the monthly and annual operating results for all Key Process Indicators
Responsible for personnel - hourly employees
- Achieve the EHS plan for their department
- Significantly Improving the EHS Performance
Responsible for seeing that EHS policies and procedures are established, documented, implemented, and enforced
- Ensure compliance to the rules governing the safe and efficient operation of the plant
Responsible for conformance to Constellium policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Assure internal and external customer needs are met
Provide leadership in Continuous Improvement in their assigned department
- Improve on existing processes so that the plant becomes more profitable
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Requires Minimum of 5 Years’ Experience in Related Industrial Environment
- Requires Strong Leadership and Communication Skills
- Proven Ability to Manage and Develop in a Team Environment
- Requires Strong Employee Development Skills
- Knowledge of Production Functions within Rolling Mills
- Commitment to EHS
- Strong Management Skills in a Union Environment
- Drives Engagement – Creates a climate
- Ensures Accountability – Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Instills Trust – Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Drives Results – Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
- Action Oriented – Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Plans and Aligns – Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Directs Work – Provides direction, delegation, and removes obstacles to get work done
- Decision Quality – Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Manages Ambiguity – Operates effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
- Manages Conflict – Handles conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.