United States, Georgia, White
August 29th, 2023
The Commodity Manager – Indirect, will lead Constellium's Indirect commodity initiatives to ensure that the plant teams have the necessary, materials, parts, supplies, equipment and tools required to maintain a cost efficient operation. This includes negotiations of agreements and implementation/management of existing long-term agreements. The Commodity Manager will work with suppliers and internal stakeholders to identify solutions that support operational requirements while reducing cost.
- Supervises and development of maintenance crib attendants
- Manages RFQs to the supply base according to the commodity strategy to support business functions includes responsible for setting cost reduction targets and obtaining those cost goals.
- Develops the strategy, bidding, negotiating and managing of Indirect commodity contracts and equipment requirements for the facility.
- Negotiate and manage supply contracts for areas of responsibility including addressing contract language matters with legal counsel and suppliers.
- Develops new suppliers as necessary according to established Constellium new supplier development procedures.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers
- Evaluates supplier cost structure to obtain best overall value and negotiates all commercial aspects of the purchase and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Ability to work in a team environment across multiple disciplines (Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance, Sales, etc.).
- Coordinates supplier development, consolidation and reduction programs.
- Keeps senior management informed of commercial issues through communications and presentations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering or related discipline.
- Experience 5-7 years of Purchasing in a Manufacturing environment
- 1- 3 years of prior management or leadership experience (preferred)
- Effective communication, high level of autonomy, collaboration and able to build strong, credible relationships with strategic partners and suppliers
- Result orientation, accountability, negotiation, problem solving, project and change management, and team working/building
- Plex (ERP) system or Similar experience (preferred)
- US and International travel as required.
About Constellium White, Georgia
Constellium White, Georgia is a state-of-the-art production facility which produces customized aluminum automotive structures and crash management systems for our OEM customers, and features advanced development and prototyping capabilities. Located at the heart of the automotive industry in metro Atlanta, the plant works closely with our OEM customers and suppliers to ensure our products meet precise performance specifications.
Benefits are the cherry on top of any job and what Constellium has to offer is definitely a treat! Day 1, employees automatically receive an 3% contribution to their 401k. On top of that, if the employee choses to contribute to their 401k, Constellium matches 100% of the first 6%. That money adds up fast! Constellium also offers a hybrid work arrangement, where employees at times are able to work remotely from home! If you miss office parties and socializing with coworkers, Constellium has their own Constellium Cares Committee at each site where they plan activities for employee engagement and community outreach. These are great opportunities to connect with others and do good for our communities! Like free stuff? Employees are given an annual allowance to buy company swag and have the option to submit fitness reimbursements for gym memberships, new workout equipment and more! Are kids in your future? Constellium offers 16 weeks 100% paid maternity leave and 4 weeks 100% paid paternity leave. Constellium will also help cover child care expenses for your children. Also, beginning in 2023 Constellium will be offering a Student Loan Repayment Program, where the Company will pay up to $3,000 per year to help employees tackle student debt. All in all, Constellium is a great place to work, period.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.