United States, Michigan, Canton, Michigan
September 6th, 2023
Job Summary: The Payroll Coordinator is the point of contact for addressing employee questions or concerns regarding payroll, benefits, and attendance points at the Van Buren facility.
- Point of contact for completing hourly weekly pay processing through ADP for multi companies in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX).
- Collaborate with managers for timecard approvals and necessary adjustments.
- Provide Michigan plant support with timecard issues, scheduling issues, and labor and attendance reports.
- Maintain and manage Unemployment portal for State of Michigan, coordinate information for claims with HR generalists, communicate with team.
- Some administrative functions (filing, mail distributions, verification of wages, etc.)
- Organize and lead payroll and benefits new hire orientation.
- Coordinate company benefit programs such as the uniform program, service awards, boot reimbursement, and safety glasses reimbursement, etc.
- Assist in creating and implementing ADP training for new salary employees/managers.
- Act as the point of contact for addressing employee questions or concerns regarding payroll, benefits, leave programs and attendance points at the Van Buren facility.
- Review and compare ADP data to ensure accuracy, including setting up the Time & Attendance profile.
- Manage the weekly attendance review process.
- Review and approve hours for the temporary employees.
- Create HR purchase orders and complete receipts in PLEX based on approvals.
- Create badges for Van Buren employees.
- Add employees to expense report system.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Human Resources or High School diploma/GED with equivalent experience with certification, required.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of payroll experience with ADP in manufacturing environment, preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities – challenges organizations and drives efficiency improvement, process oriented, required.
- Good understanding of all core HR processes and systems and excellent knowledge of country legislation, taxes, required.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, required.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail, required.
- Experience working in a unionized environment, preferred.
About Constellium Van Buren
Constellium Van Buren is a state-of-the-art production facility which produces customized aluminum automotive structures and crash management systems for our OEM customers, and features advanced development and prototyping capabilities. Located at the heart of the automotive industry in metro Detroit, the plant works closely with our OEM customers and suppliers to ensure our products meet precise performance specifications.
Benefits are the cherry on top of any job and what Constellium has to offer is definitely a treat! Day 1, employees automatically receive an 3% contribution to their 401k. On top of that, if the employee choses to contribute to their 401k, Constellium matches 100% of the first 6%. That money adds up fast! Constellium also offers a hybrid work arrangement, where employees at times are able to work remotely from home! If you miss office parties and socializing with coworkers, Constellium has their own Constellium Cares Committee at each site where they plan activities for employee engagement and community outreach. These are great opportunities to connect with others and do good for our communities! Like free stuff? Employees are given an annual allowance to buy company swag and have the option to submit fitness reimbursements for gym memberships, new workout equipment and more! Are kids in your future? Constellium offers 16 weeks 100% paid maternity leave and 4 weeks 100% paid paternity leave. Constellium will also help cover child care expenses for your children. Also, beginning in 2023 Constellium will be offering a Student Loan Repayment Program, where the Company will pay up to $3,000 per year to help employees tackle student debt. All in all, Constellium is a great place to work, period.
Constellium is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.