Constellium releases its 2018 Business and Sustainability Report, highlighting progress towards 2020 sustainability targets
Amsterdam, July 1, 2019 – Constellium N.V. (NYSE: CSTM) released today its 2018 Business and Sustainability Report, reflecting the company’s continuing commitment to sustainability.
“Constellium has made great progress towards achieving its sustainability objectives”, said Jean-Marc Germain, CEO of Constellium. “We are particularly proud of our achievements in promoting responsible purchasing policies and value chain collaboration, as we strive to ensure that sustainability is practiced at every step of our business. The Ecovadis Gold ranking for our corporate social responsibility practices and the recent Groupe PSA Awards in the ‘Corporate Social Responsibility’ category are true testaments to our commitment to sustainability.”
Constellium continues to make significant progress on most of its sustainability targets, including:
- Employee Engagement: 78% of our employees participated in our 2018 Global Employee Survey. We were proud to outperform our 2020 target with a 10-point increase in employee satisfaction compared with our 2014 baseline.
- Sustainable Purchasing: Supplier assessment is a priority. By the end of 2018, more than 50% of our annual supplier spending was assessed by independent third-parties, who determined that 83% met or surpassed our standards.
- Aluminum Stewardship Initiative (ASI): We are on track with ASI’s certification roadmap and are working to get two of our plants certified.
- Customer Satisfaction: Our three business units received positive results on our latest customer survey and performed significantly above the industry benchmark.
The following sustainability objectives require further improvement, and we are implementing corrective actions to address them:
- Safety: Despite a significant improvement in our recordable case rate beyond our target, we had a fatality at one of our plants.
- Energy Efficiency: While we have made significant progress, we need to continue to focus our efforts on all potential energy-saving opportunities to reach our 2020 energy efficiency goal of 10% improvement vs. 2015.
- Landfilled Waste: Although we reduced our landfill waste in 2018, more efforts are needed to reach our 2020 goal.
Following the latest materiality assessment in 2017, Constellium also added human rights to its sustainability roadmap.
Constellium remains focused on ensuring that the company achieves its 2020 targets, while also beginning to shape its 2030 sustainability journey.
To learn more about Constellium’s sustainability progress and to download our 2018 Business and Sustainability Report, please visit https://www.constellium.com/business-sustainability-report.
Constellium (NYSE: CSTM) is a global sector leader that develops innovative, value added aluminium products for a broad scope of markets and applications, including automotive, aerospace and packaging. Constellium generated €5.7 billion of revenue in 2018.
Download the press release
Forward Looking Statement
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. This press release may contain “forward-looking statements” with respect to our business, results of operations and financial condition, and our expectations or beliefs concerning future events and conditions. You can identify forward-looking statements because they contain words such as, but not limited to, “believes,” “expects,” “may,” “should,” “approximately,” “anticipates,” “estimates,” “intends,” “plans,” “targets,” likely,” “will,” “would,” “could” and similar expressions (or the negative of these terminologies or expressions). All forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. Many risks and uncertainties are inherent in our industry and markets. Others are more specific to our business and operations. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, economic downturn, the loss of key customers, suppliers or other business relationships; disruption to business operations; the inability to meet customer quality requirements; delayed readiness for the North American Auto Body Sheet market, the capacity and effectiveness of our hedging policy activities, failure to retain key employees, and other risk factors set forth under the heading “Risk Factors” in our Annual Report on Form 20-F, and as described from time to time in subsequent reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The occurrence of the events described and the achievement of the expected results depend on many events, some or all of which are not predictable or within our control. Consequently, actual results may differ materially from the forward-looking statements contained in this press release. We undertake no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.