Constellium hosted its annual THANK YOU Awards program on April 4 to celebrate teams of employees around the world for their strategic contributions to Health & Safety, Sustainability, Customer Service, Operations, and Innovation.
In remarks to employees during the online ceremony, CEO Jean-Marc Germain commented: “The THANK YOU Awards are a longtime Constellium tradition to recognize some of the amazing work that has been done over the past year. The people and projects we honor today are excellent examples of the commitment, creativity, collaboration, and expertise that continue to drive Constellium and make our success possible. I am grateful for your contributions and delighted to honor you today.”
This year’s THANK YOU Award recipients include:
- Health & Safety - The Digital team won gold for its use of Virtual Reality to bring safety training to life for casthouse employees across Constellium, raising awareness and reinforcing best practices.
- Sustainability - The Issoire plant took the gold award for the second year in a row, this time for reducing water consumption per ton produced by close to 60% over the last five years, thanks to the implementation of closed-loop cooling circuits, better management of sand filter cleaning and the installation of meters to track leaks.
- Customer Service - The Issoire plant won the gold award for providing integrated product and service solutions to defense customers.
- Operations - The Decin plant received the gold award for its use of a new digital tool for preventive maintenance planning leading to increased efficiency. The project was sourced as part of Constellium’s Digital Innovation Fund, which provides resources to explore digital solutions that advance our operations.
- Innovation - The Automotive Structures team based in Gottmadingen, Germany won the gold award for advancements in aluminium Crash Management Systems, allowing for better energy absorption. For electric vehicles, this innovation increases protection of the passengers as well as the battery.
Several teams were honored with silver and bronze THANK YOU Awards for other groundbreaking projects. Congratulations to all the winners and nominees! Local celebrations will be hosted this spring to present sustainable trophies to the winning team members.