Engineering is a very important industrial field, where our products are used in particular for the manufacture of parts machined on CNC (Computer Numerical Controlled) centers. A high level of machinability allows us to retain the required mechanical properties.
Companies in the mechanical engineering sector increasingly turn to Constellium for our high-tech solutions and continuously evolving aluminium fabrication technology.
Constellium’s comprehensive offer provides a full range of extruded products, along with complementary profile-based, ready-to-use solutions. We offer a full line of extruded products, dimensions and alloys, including customized profiles, bars and tubes, and large profiles.
Constellium manufactures a comprehensive range of high-quality extruded customized profiles. These can be adapted to suit our customers’ needs in terms of shape, size, alloy, and complexity of design.
Extruded aluminium profiles are used in a vast number of applications, including machinery.
Not only are the customer’s requirements for shape, tolerance and mechanical properties respected, but we also provide good machinability. With operations such as cutting, CNC machining, stamping, anodizing and lacquering, Constellium provides its customers tailor-made pieces to integrate into their own production operations.Close
Setting ourselves apart from the competition, Constellium is one of the few European specialists able to manufacture extrusions up to 750 mm wide and 30 m long that comply with structural requirements.
Our large profile extrusions are tailored to customers’ specifications. We offer a wide variety of alloys extruded into complex shapes, as well as different wall thicknesses and dimensions. The extrusions are produced on dedicated presses with a force of up to 100 Meganewton (MN).Close
Constellium’s Montreuil-Juigné plant offers a wide range of extruded products in advanced and proprietary alloys issued from its own cast-house. Constellium has a long experience in delivering different sizes and geometries in light, strong and corrosion resistant advanced alloys for various industry applications, including machinery.
Our plant in Decin also offers hard alloys aluminium extrusions. To know more, please visit our dedicated website by clicking here.Close
New AlplanTM Beyond Precision – unrivaled Precision Plates solution for increased productivity and reduced production costs.
“TRA-C Industrie is working on highly demanding final applications for Defense. Thanks to AlplanTM aluminium plates, we successfully overcame the various technical challenges” said Bruno Voland, CEO of TRA-C Industrie. “AlplanTM provides exceptional dimensional stability and flatness paired with very narrow thickness tolerance resulting in a better machinability and weldability, both by advanced technics such as Friction Stir Welding (FSW) and more traditional ones. With AlplanTM we improve welding productivity and profitability.”
Constellium’s Precision Plates are the result of a long-standing proprietary process optimized over the last 20 years in our Swiss plant.
Up to 15x better flatness (vs. industry standards)
Best-in-class flatness – before and after finish machining – obtained through tightly controlled rolling, heat treatment parameters.
Up to 40% (vs. standard mill finish plate)
Precision milling on both sides using propriety equipment ensures that platest are ready for value added finish machining – eliminates majority of set ups and low value machine passes.
Up to 90% reduction in part rework thanks to superior shape stability (vs. standard mill finish plate)
Optimized flow path that minimizes residual stress and guarantees outstanding shape stability – even in case of severe asymmetric machining.
Why AlplanTM Beyond Precision are better for aluminium production parts
Get them right the first time, get them right every time
- End customer machining complex part out of standard mill finish industry plate
- Aluminium plate is supplied in cut-to-size format by metal distributor
- First step consists in milling plate surface on both faces – often requiring the use of expensive machinery for low value-add work
Benefits of using AlplanTM Beyond Precision vs. standard mill finish plate
#1 - No defect / reject risk from basic milling operations – AlplanTM Beyond Precision plates are ready for finish machining – every time
- Elimination of surface milling operation in customer’s machine shop: less material to buy and stock, faster fabrication, less chips to dispose off
- Elimination of keenserts and helicoils for AlplanTM 7075 and UnidalTM
#2 - Virtually eliminating the risk for end user to scrap parts after / during machining
- Excellent dimensional stability for machining operations
- No deformation resulting from surface milling
- Applicable to parts requiring complex asymmetric machining and subject to dynamic loads
- Excellent anodizing properties
AlplanTM Beyond Precision Product line includes: -
- UnidalTM – alloy 7019
Constellium’s Decin (Czech Republic) plant is the largest extrusion center in Europe, with two cast houses and 12 presses dedicated to manufacturing highly specialized hard- and soft-alloy bars and tubes.
Primarily focused on automotive and industrial applications, Constellium’s tube and bar products and services portfolio includes:
- a wide range of specialized alloys from our integrated cast house, including the Stanal® and 6050 lead-free alloys with improved machinability,
- high competence in indirect and direct extrusion processes, including seamless technology
- a large variety of tempers and thermal treatments,
- cut-to-length and finishing operations, including chamfering and deburring,
- ultrasonic and eddy-current inspection,
- and other tailored solutions by customer request.